Primary geographic focus: Sacramento Region
LAAC Membership Type: Members
Lists: IOLTA-Funded, IOLTA Field Programs
Tags: Criminal Justice, Disability Rights, Family Law, Housing, Housing: Eviction, Housing: Landlord-Tenant, Social Security Benefits
Community Legal provides legal research and drafting, advocacy, and legal problem-solving across a range of practice areas.
PRACTICE AREAS: Community Legal provides CIVIL legal aid. Community Legal does not represent parties in criminal matters, or personal injury litigation.
- Housing: Community Legal’s core goal is to prevent homelessness by helping people to resolve housing issues and prevent eviction. They address landlord/tenant issues, low-income property owners issues (like code compliance), and more.
- Family Law: Community Legal conducts monthly group clinics, mediation and facilitation.
- Legal basics: Community Legal can provide basic legal information on Probate, Wills, and Social Security Benefits, and Property Law (including easements, understanding deeds, etc.).
- Disability rights: Community Legal’s goal is to provide access to the legal system for those whom lack access. Community Legal strive to be accessible to diverse people, and can provide legal information on basic rights of people with mental health conditions, people with mobility and other physical disabilities, and people with traumatic brain injuries, strokes, and other cognitive impairments.
- Clearing up your record: Community Legal can help with criminal record clearing, addressing old debt via negotiation, and problem solving that helps you negotiate around problems on your record.
- MEDIATION: Click here for full information concerning mediation services.
- Don’t see your topic? Give them a call! 530-265-3425.
This page last modified: Wed, April 18, 2018 -- 1:37 pm ET