Location: Remote, though California based preferred
About the Role:
Under the direction and guidance of CEJC’s Executive Committee (EC), this person will be the first
full-time Executive Director (ED) of a 100-member coalition committed to eliminating barriers to elder
justice and preventing elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation. The ED will have strategic and
operational responsibility for CEJC’s staff of five employees, programs, expansion, and the execution
of its mission. They will also oversee the implementation of the recently produced blueprint,
Reinforcing California’s Elder Justice Infrastructure: Committing to Equity and Inclusion (2023).
The ED will be part of an inclusive, innovative, and equity-focused organization that approaches elder
justice as a social justice movement, collaborating broadly with members of diverse disciplines and
communities. We are seeking someone who is inspired by and committed to our mission. We are in
search of adept collaborators, strong communicators, and innovative problem solvers who thrive in an
environment of perpetual learning and innovation.
Strategic Programs & Vision:
● Ensure ongoing program excellence, evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and
administration, fundraising, communications, and operational systems.
● Oversee implementation of the strategic and business plans, which includes monitoring
program activities and special projects, identifying and correcting problems related to program
operations, setting timelines, and identifying resource needs for achieving goals.
● Develop and execute a fundraising plan to support existing program operations and respond to
unmet and emergent needs. Includes identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from donors,
building relationships with foundations and corporations, exploring cy pres funds, and
designing revenue generating consultation, training, and technical assistance.
● Ensure effective systems to track progress and measure success that can be communicated to
CEJC committees, funders, and stakeholders.
Leadership & Management:
● Develop, maintain, and support a strong Steering Committee, Executive Committee, and
● Lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance personnel.
● Develop budgets and forecast financial projections for the agency, with an ability to plan and
adjust expenses and fundraising as needed.
● Actively engage and energize CEJC members, alumni, partners, and funders.
● Establish relationships and partnerships with policy makers, political and community leaders,
advocates, funders, and influencers to raise CEJC’s profile and increase its influence.
● Previously held a leadership position at a mission-driven organization.
● Acumen and enthusiasm for fundraising and financial management with prior fund
development experience required.
● Strong public speaking skills and ability to craft compelling messages for a variety of
audiences and partners, including donors.
● Knowledge of California politics and policy.
● Commitment and ability to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive personnel team and
● Ability and willingness to occasionally travel within California.
Please note that even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
CEJC is committed to providing coaching, skills building, introductions to influencers, and support by
leaders in the field of elder justice. CEJC personnel are employees of CEJC’s fiscal sponsor,
Community Partners, which provides administrative and financial oversight, payroll services,
employee benefits, and audit and tax filings as well as support, consultation, and executive leadership
development opportunities. Community Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Salary and Benefits: $90,000 – $110,000
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental,
vision, flex spending, and a range of professional development opportunities.
How To Apply:
Send resumes and cover letters to CEJC at firstname.lastname@example.org