Volunteer Outreach Coordinator
The Alliance seeks a dynamic Volunteer Outreach Coordinator to serve as the key liaison to our many undergraduate students, law students, and other volunteers. This is a non-exempt full time position.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE
The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of impoverished, abused and neglected children and youth. Our lawyers, advocates and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, ensure that children who are in foster care or need guardians have safe, stable homes, and can access the education, healthcare, and financial supports that they need. We also help young adults overcome barriers to their stability and success as they transition from foster care to independence, and we advocate for systemic reforms to improve child welfare practices and policies. Since 1992, we have helped over 150,000 clients.
For the past ten years, Charity Navigator has awarded the Alliance its highest 4-star rating. This puts the Alliance in the top 2% of charities rated by Charity Navigator, and reflects the Alliance’s sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
The Alliance is well known in the child welfare community for its knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments. Alliance staff members and our partnering pro bono attorneys are advocates for our most vulnerable children and their caregivers. Being the voice of young people who often have no voice, and otherwise could be forgotten, is incredibly rewarding.
- Recruit students, determine their volunteer interests and match them with corresponding opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with universities, career planning offices, and community organizations
- Recruit for and oversee all internship and in-house volunteer programs; participate in volunteer events and career fairs
- Post and manage jobs on career service platforms, including for internships, post-bar fellowships and paid and unpaid program opportunities
- Track volunteer and pro bono activity, manage case documents and MCLE materials in an Access-based database; run reports as necessary
- Create and oversee volunteer recognition efforts
- Engage with staff to identify new student volunteer opportunities
- Work with the Pro Bono Director and Communications Department to execute a broad based volunteer communications strategy
- Participate in client intake as needed
- BA/BS required
- Strong communications skills and ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences, from students to career service professionals to internal staff members
- Superb organizational skills and comfort with Excel spreadsheets and other tracking charts
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience/comfort with database applications, particularly recruiting based platforms e.g. Symplicity, Irecruit, Handshake
- Prior knowledge of Prime case management software a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to create an exceptional volunteer experience for all volunteers and staff
We believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we are committed to supporting an inclusive environment that values all staff members’ diverse backgrounds and perspectives in our work. We’re an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and do not discriminate against any employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, or any other unlawful basis.
This job description is of a general nature is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For more information about the Alliance visit https://allianceforchildrensrights.org.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in joining the Alliance, relevant work experience, and how you heard of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions only/no phone inquiries). Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined qualifications of the position.
Normally, this position would work from our Los Angeles office. However, due to Covid-19, this position will temporarily work remotely from home. This position may be asked to return to work in the office at any time and at the employer’s discretion.