Temporary Staff Attorney – Guardianship & Immigration
CLASSIFICATION: Union – FLSA exempt
SALARY: $60,000+ DOE/DOQ
REPORTS TO: Directing Attorney
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
- Advocate on behalf of undocumented minors seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile Status via Probate Court, which may include conducting new client intake, preparing cases for pro bono placement, and/or providing full scope representation.
- Advocate on behalf of minors eligible for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in removal proceedings, adjustment of status, and asylum relief.
- Provide caregivers legal representation in Probate Guardianship matters.
- Advocate for education resources, public benefits, and health care needs.
- Prepare Probate Guardianship matters for pro bono placement, monitor status of placements, and provide technical support to pro bono attorneys.
- Active member of California State Bar in good standing, or licensed in another state and eligible to practice under CRC Rule 9.45 (required).
- Willingness to train and work with volunteer attorneys and students (required).
- Spanish-language proficiency (required).
- Minimum one-to-two years non-profit legal services experience (preferred).
- Experience in asylum advocacy or representing undocumented minors (highly desired).
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission of equal justice for all and Bet Tzedek’s core values of leadership, community-based advocacy, and innovation.
How To Apply:
- Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. (Subject: “TEMPORARY KINSHIP/SIJS”)
Note: This position is a temporary position designed to substitute for an employee on a leave of absence.
To best serve our communities, Bet Tzedek seeks diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.