FLSA: Temporary, Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full time (35 hours/week)
Reports to: Human Resources and Operations Manager
Compensation: $30-32 per hour
Location: Hybrid remote/office. Some work in our downtown San Francisco office will be required.
Are you an organized, thoughtful person with excellent administrative skills who wants to join a civil rights organization? We’re seeking a collaborative and highly organized administrative professional who is deeply committed to civil rights to join us at Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, SF Bay Area (LCCRSF). This six-month position is to offer assistance to our small Administration team, enabling team members time to focus on some special projects to benefit the organization.
As the Temporary HR and Operations Coordinator, you will support the HR & Operations Manager in completing administrative tasks related to HR and Operations and the COO with administrative tasks related to finance. This position offers the opportunity to support a leading civil rights and racial justice organization and hone nonprofit administration experience and skills, in a supportive atmosphere with friendly, dedicated teammates.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong administrative support skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, solid organization and prioritization skills, and a confidential and efficient work ethic. The Temp HR & Ops Coordinator must also be proficient in Microsoft Office.
As one of the most enduring civil rights institutions on the West Coast, LCCRSF works to dismantle systems of oppression and racism and to build an equitable and just society. Formed in 1968 to bridge the legal community and the Civil Rights Movement, we’re known for advancing the rights of people of color, immigrants, refugees and low-income individuals. We also invest in legal fellows and support a network of over 1,000 active pro bono attorneys who stand with us.
We are in this work for the long haul. Our goal is to make this work sustainable, to take care of each other and our communities, and to rest so we can be fierce in the face of power through our core issue areas of Racial Justice, Immigrant Justice, Economic Justice, and Educational Justice. Learn more at www.lccrsf.org.
You will be trained in the following responsibilities:
- Human Resources Admin (30%): Support the HR & Operations Manager in administrative tasks and data entry related to HR including but not limited to benefits, recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, and records management.
- Operations and Finance support (50%): Perform operations and finance administrative tasks as directed by Ops Manager and COO including assistance in managing software accounts, completing online transactions, filing documents, coding expenses for accounting, retrieving and filing documents for audit and legal compliance, and general office duties and special projects as assigned within the scope of the job description.
- Mail management (20%): Manage mail in the office three times a week by scanning, uploading to Cloud-based storage, and alerting appropriate staff members.
- 1 year relevant experience, such as with human resources and operations or other administration work, including the need for discretion and confidentiality in a professional position
- Proven track record of strong data entry and administrative work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Suite: must be proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel. Proficiency in SharePoint/One Drive/Teams a plus
- Ability to utilize basic office equipment including copier, fax, and scanner
- Must have received or be willing to receive and maintain up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination (including boosters) by date of hire and follow public health protocols for in-person office work to be considered
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with staff and exercise confidentiality and discretion where appropriate.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to LCCRSF’s core values and the organization’s work to advance economic justice, immigrant justice, and racial justice.
Salary, Benefits, Work location
This position is full-time (no more than 35 hrs/week), non-exempt, with an hourly rate of $30-32/hr DOE, and reports to the Operations Manager. Benefits include 100% paid medical + 80% for dependents, generous vacation, sick time, and paid holidays, quarterly wellness bonus, phone and internet reimbursement, FSA (flexible spending account) and transit benefits.
Our office is located on the Embarcadero in downtown San Francisco, close to many transit options. This position will be required to go into the office 3x/week to check mail/packages sent to the office. We have strict health protocols and limited numbers of people in the office.Other than mail management, all of your work can be remote if desired. You will be provided with a laptop and other equipment to work from home as needed.
General working hours are 9am-5pm M-F. LCCRSF is woman- and minority-led, with 30 staff. We are flexible, family-friendly and value health, wellness and balance. We follow ADA guidelines – reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with different abilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We hope to have someone start ASAP! Applicants should submit 1) a thoughtful cover letter; 2) a resume; and, 3) two professional references by email to email@example.com (put “Temp HR & Ops Assistant” in the subject line.) Questions can also go to that email.
In your cover letter, please describe your interest in the position and qualifications, including why our mission speaks to you.
Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area thrives as an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. BIPOC, LGBTQ+ candidates, people of all gender identities, persons with disabilities and individuals over 55 are encouraged to apply.
Is this accurate? [EV3]