Staff Attorney 1
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Practice Group
(Oakland, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego)
STAFF ATTORNEY 1 SALARY RANGE: $60,464 – $77,169 DOE
Apply by October 4, 2019 to be considered for the first round of interviews.
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the rights of Californians with disabilities. DRC works to achieve fairness and justice for people with disabilities through individual and impact litigation, state and federal policy and regulatory advocacy, and community education and training.
SENIOR ATTORNEY AND STAFF ATTORNEY 1 – Intellectual and developmental disabilities
The Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Practice Group is currently hiring both a Senior Attorney and a Staff Attorney 1. We are a statewide team of attorneys specializing in the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Medicaid Act, and other state and federal laws. We work at the cutting edge of disability-rights advocacy, public policy and legal representation to:
- monitor and investigate conditions in programs that serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including locked institutional settings and segregated work programs that pay less than minimum wage;
- advance Olmstead and Lanterman Act rights by improving access to regional center funded community based services and supports;
- engage in individual advocacy and impact litigation to address disability discrimination by public entities; and
- challenge practices that curtail the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to direct and control their own lives.
MINUMUM QUALIFICATIONS: STAFF ATTORNEY 1
- Juris Doctor degree (JD) plus admission to the California State Bar (or eligible to practice under the Registered Legal Services Attorney Program), plus 1-2 years of experience.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rare opportunity to do what you are good at while making a difference! DRC offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/ddc1f514-3a99-451a-8a1f-ddc7dffa6582?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=LAAC%20Posting