||Full-time Staff Attorney –Immigration Unit
|| The Public Law Center (PLC), Orange County’s pro bono law firm, is committed to providing access to justice for low-income residents. Through volunteers and staff, PLC provides free civil legal services, including counseling, individual representation, community education, and strategic litigation and advocacy to challenge societal injustices. Now in its 38th year of service, PLC works with more than 1,500 volunteer lawyers, paralegals and law students from throughout the county who volunteer their time and expertise.
PLC is seeking a staff attorney to join its dynamic Immigration Unit, to provide services to low-income residents in the areas of U visa, T visa, asylum, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, DACA, naturalization, and deportation defense.
- Active membership in the California State Bar
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- 1-3 years demonstrated experience in immigration law, including case preparation, legal research, and client representation before USCIS and EOIR
- Demonstrated commitment to working with immigrant communities
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to train a variety of audiences, from clients to pro bono attorneys
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Must have own transportation, valid CA Driver’s license, insurance and good driving record; travel throughout Orange, Los Angeles and neighboring counties will be necessary
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle a full caseload of immigration cases
- Collaborate with PLC staff to provide quality legal services to PLC’s clients
- Organize and coordinate immigration legal clinics and workshops
- Oversee volunteer attorneys and law students through training, technical support and general supervision
- Conduct community education presentations to clients, partner agencies, and service providers
- Assist with periodic compilation of data related to grant funding
- Represent PLC at legal networking and community outreach events
- Full time position with occasional evening and weekend work required
- Other duties as assigned
|Salary & Benefits
- Compensation dependent on experience; range of $53,000 to $70,000
- Competitive benefits provided
||Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (10 pages or less) to Grace Landa at: email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Public Law Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.