||Full-time Social Worker – Consumer Law Unit
||The Public Law Center (PLC), Orange County’s pro bono law firm, is committed to providing access to justice for low-income residents. Through volunteers and staff, PLC provides free civil legal services, including counseling, individual representation, community education, and strategic litigation and advocacy to challenge societal injustices. Now in its 38th year of service, PLC works with more than 1,500 volunteer lawyers, paralegals and law students from throughout the county who volunteer their time and expertise.
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese fluency strongly preferred
- Experience in working with older adults
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Commitment to working with lawyers and law students
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must have own transportation, valid CA Driver’s license, insurance and good driving record; travel around Orange County will be required
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview older adult clients and assess legal, social, medical, psychological and other needs to assist them to better navigate the legal process
- Provide support to older adult clients’ psychosocial needs; coordinate counseling, medical and mental health treatment, housing, and other social services
- Supervise social work students in the provision of services to older adults
- Coordinate and conduct support groups, provide counseling and emotional support to older adults to help them maintain relative stability while they process their legal cases and pursue other remedies and benefits
- Coordinate communication with and advocate on behalf of older adult clients to law enforcement, government agencies, social service agencies, educational institutions, medical and legal professionals, and others to help clients understand and navigate the legal system
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Other duties as assigned
|Salary & Benefits
- Salary dependent on experience; range of $45,000 to $55,000
- Competitive benefits provided
||Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (10 pages or less) to Grace Landa at: email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Public Law Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.