Location: Remote (within California only)
Individuals who are Deaf or Disabled are encouraged to apply.
SALARY RANGE (Depending on Experience): $22.71 – 33.23 hourly
We base salary and position offers on experience and an internal equity analysis.
Employment Status: Non-Exempt; Regular; Full time (37.5 hrs)
EXCELLENT BENEFITS including 8% 401k Match and a language differential up to $250/mo. Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – eligible employment.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Applications should be received by November 6, 2022 to be considered for the first round of interview.
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) defends, advances, and strengthens the rights and opportunities of people with disabilities.
DRC works for a world where all disabled people have power and are treated with dignity and respect. In this world, people with disabilities are supported, valued, included in their communities, afforded the same opportunities as people without disabilities, and make their own decisions.
DRC values all forms of human diversity. We are committed to a culture of belonging where all people are welcome. In order to be effective advocates for all people with disabilities, we must address discrimination in all its forms, including the unique challenges faced by people who experience the intersection of multiple systems of discrimination.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Service Desk Technician maintains performance of computer systems, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems and issues for agency staff at multiple sites.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one year related experience with hands-con computer systems and applications in large network environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plus:
– One year of additional formal training or coursework in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
– One year of hands-on experience in applications support, including knowledge/use of Windows WIN7/WIN8/WIN10 and Office 2019/365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) in a large network environment.
– Proficiency in, or equivalent experience with the following or similar systems: Exchange 365 Administration, Service Desk Operations, SharePoint Online / 365, Active Directory, and DNS, DHCP, and Telecommunications/Video conferencing.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATES:
This job has no licenses or certificates requirements.
– Associate’s degree (AA) in Computer Science or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
– Microsoft Windows Server MCP or MCSE.
– A+ Certification.
– Knowledge of and experience with assistive technology, such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, Braille displays/keyboards/printers, alternate input/output devices, speech recognition, or other accessibility software or hardware.
– Experience in the disability rights movement and/or extensive contacts in the disability community.
– Experience with and/or extensive contacts in ethnic or language distinct communities.
– Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons with disabilities and/or experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic communities.
– Life experience as a person with a disability OR direct experience as a caregiver of a family member with a disability.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job responsibilities.
COMMUNICATION AND COMPREHENSION SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
No additional language is required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
– Demonstrate the agency’s values.
– Comply with agency policies and procedures.
– Comply with California laws and regulations pertaining to reporting incidents of abuse and neglect.
– Work independently under broad or limited supervision.
– Handle confidential matters discreetly.
– Work collaboratively as part of a team.
– Capable of setting priorities and working under pressure.
– Effectively reprioritize and work on several projects simultaneously.
– Flexible with changing situations and fluctuating deadlines.
– Work well with internal and external clients.
– Exercise appropriate judgement in analyzing a variety of situations, use sound and logical reasoning, and the proper level of authority.
– Use clear, concise language to provide timely and accurate written and oral communication.
– Return telephone calls and emails from internal and external clients promptly and in a professional and courteous manner.
– Invest in continued knowledge of current technology trends by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
Advanced in Windows WIN10 and Office 2019/365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), email, internet in a large network environment. Proficient in Exchange 365 Administration, Service Desk Operations, SharePoint Online/365 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Telecommunications/Video conferencing.
Duties are performed frequently in an office environment with occasionally site office visits. Duties regularly require sitting using computer equipment. Duties occasional require periods of standing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching primarily to install, configure software application or repair computer equipment. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally encountered. Must be able to transport oneself to site offices, training, conference, and outreach activities.
This job has no test or assessment requirements.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rare opportunity to do what you are good at while making a difference! DRC offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process here.