Forge new paths to racial and economic justice through child care advocacy and litigation with the Child Care Law Center
Child Care Law Center is the only organization in the country dedicated to child care law. For 40 years, we have worked to make child care policies more inclusive and just.
Our work is diverse and exciting – high-level impact work, policy advocacy and litigation. We are rooted in the community of child care providers, parents, whose experience help shape fairer, more effective laws and policies.
We are hiring a Senior Staff Attorney to protect child care providers from housing discrimination and unfair local fees. The Law Center passed new legislation to increase child care availability and affordability – now, we need to make sure the new policies are equitable in practice. Visit our website to learn more.
1. Analyze and monitor relevant state and federal legislative and regulatory activity to win fair wages for child care providers, housing protections for child care providers and child care subsidies for families.
2. Limited representation and legal information to child care providers and parents.
3. Investigate and develop potential litigation to advance the civil rights of families and child care providers, especially in the areas of housing and child care subsidies and local zoning laws.
● Member in good standing of the California Bar (must reside in California)
● At least five years of legal experience, at least two years in litigation
● Excellent legal writing skills
● Experience or demonstrated interest in one of these practice areas: government benefits, land use/zoning, housing law, disability law, immigration law, or child welfare
● Demonstrated interest or experience in racial justice and equity
● Project and time management skills, including demonstrated capacity to manage and prioritize competing projects
● Proficiency in Spanish, Cantonese, or Mandarin is highly desirable
Salary, Benefits, Work location
● $80,000- $101,000, DOE.
● Benefit package includes fully paid health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, vacation, sick and family leave and more.
● Currently, the Child Care Law Center is a remote workplace.
Please send cover letter, resumé, legal writing sample and two professional references to
email@example.com. Please write “Senior Staff Attorney Position” in the subject line.
Posted October 20, 2022. Position open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Everyone interested is encouraged to apply.