POSITION: Senior Staff Accountant- Finance
LOCATION: Ron Olson Justice Center*
SALARY: TBD/ DOE with excellent benefits
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Continuous until position is filled.
Are you interested in joining an organization dedicated to increasing access to justice while addressing systemic inequities among the most vulnerable members of the Greater Los Angeles area? If yes, LAFLA is the place for you!
The Organization: LAFLA is a nonprofit law firm that protects and advances the rights of the most underserved—leveling the playing field and ensuring that everyone can have access to the justice system. With more than 90 years of service, LAFLA is the first and most experienced legal aid organization in Greater Los Angeles. LAFLA has more than 170 employees, including more than 80 attorneys, who provide free services and resources on a broad range of civil legal issues that impact healthy, safety, and self-sufficiency. Every year, LAFLA helps more than 100,000 people find their voice, regain control of their lives, and build a brighter future. Our unique combination of neighborhood offices, self-help centers at courthouses, and domestic violence clinics puts LAFLA on the frontlines in communities at the forefront of change. LAFLA also engages in impact litigation to help enact long-term systemic change—actively collaborating with a network of public and private partners to expand access to justice, identify needs in the communities we serve, and change laws and policies that adversely affect the underserved. For more information, please visit www.lafla.org
LAFLA is currently accepting applications for the position of Senior Staff Accountant.
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of fund accounting and cost allocation;
- Experience with Abila MIP-fund accounting software preferred;
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience;
- Minimum 5 years of government grant billing experience;
- Minimum of one year in a supervisory role;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Nonprofit experience preferred;
- College degree in accounting preferred; and
- Willingness to work beyond a minimum 7.0 hour workday to ensure project completion.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for grants and contract billing and collections;
- Responsible for grants and contract financial reporting to funder and management;
- Responsible for supervising Accounts Payable, including expense coding, allocations, and reviewing A/P related reports;
- Prepare and input journal entries;
- Prepare and/or review complete bank reconciliations for all accounts in timely and efficient manner;
- Prepare quarterly fixed asset reconciliation;
- Prepare and maintain prepaid expense schedules;
- Prepare general ledger account analyses as required;
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly variance analyses as required; and
- Assist the CFO and Director of Fiscal Management with special projects and research as required.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION – LAFLA offers a diverse environment with competitive compensation based on comparable public interest salaries. We also offer a generous benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, and vision for employees and dependents, life insurance, long-term disability and long-term care insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Employees may also qualify for bilingual supplements, law student loan reimbursements, and a cell phone stipend.
HOW TO APPLY – Please submit a cover letter and resume online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD – A one-year probationary period will be required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital or registered domestic partners status, or any other legally protected status.