Senior Litigation Support Staff
Civil Rights Practice Group &
Youth Practice Group
2 Openings (1 role for each practice group)
Los Angeles, Fresno, Oakland, Ontario, Sacramento, San Diego, Hybrid or Remote (within California)
Individuals who are Deaf or Disabled are encouraged to apply.
SALARY RANGE (Depending on Experience): $25.67-$34.41/hour
EXCELLENT BENEFITS including 8% 401k match
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) is a statewide, non-profit legal organization dedicated to advancing the rights of Californians with disabilities. DRC works to achieve fairness and justice for people with disabilities through individual and impact litigation, state and federal policy and regulatory advocacy, and community education and training.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This job provides valued paralegal and litigation support to a team of attorneys. Disability Rights California will provide ongoing training opportunities for this position. We are seeking candidates with experience in litigation involving California and Federal law that relate to disability legal claims
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or AA degree in a related field can substitute for one year of work experience. Live disability experience will substitute for one year of experience.
The ideal Senior Litigation Support will have a minimum of 7+ years’ work experience supporting two or more attorneys in State, Federal, and appellate litigation matters.
Well experienced Litigation Support Staff should have thorough knowledge of court processes and procedures, proficiency utilizing electronic document management software’s and a proven track record of thriving in fast-paced environments.
The ideal candidate will possess proficient knowledge and skills in the following:
- In California court rules and filing systems for State, Federal, and Appellate courts.
- Managing and preparing legal documents for court filings, discovery, and trial work.
- Using Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Utilizing electronic document management software’s such as Everlaw (or comparable software), Citrix, and DocuSign.
- Displaying interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accuracy.
- Using the Agency’s technology platform
- Possessing details with the ability to plan work effectively, meet deadlines and make sound decisions.
- Practicing multi-tasking and having the ability to shift priorities.
- Thriving under work pressure.
– Bachelor’s Degree Obtained
– Paralegal Certification Obtained
– Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons with disabilities and/or experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic AND LGBTQ+ communities.
– Life experience as a person with a disability OR direct experience as a caregiver of a family member with a disability.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rare opportunity to do what you are good at while making a difference! DRC offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process here.