Sacramento, Santa Rosa OR Oakland
DEADLINE: Open until filled. Applications should be received by June 26, 2020, to be considered for the first round of interviews.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Office of Payee Review and Beneficiary Assistance (OPRABA) is looking for self-motivated compliance reviewers to be part of a new and exciting fast-paced team. Working closely with attorneys, you will be responsible for the review of Social Security Administration (SSA) representative payees to ensure compliance as well as uncover and correct any misuse, mismanagement, or fraud of beneficiary income.
Our compliance reviewers will work both in-office as well as a variety of field settings including beneficiary homes, community locations, or payee offices. They will investigate money management practices and report findings that will result in lasting programmatic improvements to the way SSA beneficiary income is managed by representative payees.
In addition to conducting compliance reviews of representative payees, OPRABA reviewers enjoy many rewarding opportunities such as helping to shape the work within a tight-knit team, engagement with consumer populations from diverse cultural backgrounds, flexible working hours, paid travel, and trainings to vulnerable served communities.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree in any related area
– Knowledge of federal disability benefits programs (i.e. Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income), housing, employment or wage laws,
– Experience reviewing financial, disability related benefits, or medical records or other clinical documents.
– Paid work experience conducting investigations, auditing or financial accounting, or serving as an advocate in the social service, human service, community-based, public interest or health care environments.
– Experience with electronic case management systems
– Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons with disabilities and/or experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic communities.
– Life experience as a person with a disability OR direct experience as a caregiver of a family member with a disability.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rare opportunity to do what you are good at while making a difference! DRC offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit here