Who we are:
California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR), is a dynamic statewide nonprofit advocacy organization, dedicated to improving the choices, care, and quality of life for California’s long-term care consumers over the last 36 years. CANHR supports long-term care consumers and the legal services community through direct advocacy, community education, policy work, and litigation.
At CANHR we are committed to restoring justice for seniors who have been abused, neglected, cheated or wrongly denied access to benefits by our failing long-term care system. If you want to advocate for better care, join us so we can make a difference together!
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will provide customer service over the phone through CANHR’s toll free hotline and high-level administrative support to a small but fast paced office. The position is full time 37.5 hours. Hours of operation are 9am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and online consumer correspondence and direct to appropriate
- Respond to email correspondence.
- Maintain meeting, activity, and staff time off
- Maintain membership database for publications, trainings, orders and
- Coordinate and mail meeting notices, prepare agendas and take
- Handle all incoming and outgoing
- Date-stamp invoices and
- Process mailed donations, ensure online donations are properly recorded, and email acknowledgement letters.
- Organize and maintain office filing systems including vendor files, and bills.
- Order and maintain office
- Provide clerical support to all
- Coordinate and execute mass mailings for appeals, events and
- Associates degree or equivalent; Bachelors
- At least one year of experience as Administrative Assistant or related
- Able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Able to take
- Capable of maintaining a high level of integrity and
- Detail Oriented, accurate and precise, and maintain accurate filing
- Capable of handling multiple
- Demonstrate strong “team player”
- Able to work independently with minimum
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a strong attention to
- Strong planning, organizational and written and verbal communication
- Proficient on PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Gmail, and Mac computers. Experience preferred with Salesforce or other contact/donor management systems.
Provides excellent benefits including medical/dental, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and life insurance. $45K+ DOE, all new employees are subject to a 90-day probationary period.
California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from persons of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals, persons with disabilities and persons from underrepresented groups.
Please email a cover letter along with your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.