Project Manager, Development
Join an organization advancing equality through free legal services for low-income people. The Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco (JDC) has an opportunity to join our team as Project Manager, Development for the Development department.
BASF is a nonprofit organization and the oldest voluntary bar association in California. Today, over 7,400 San Francisco lawyers are members of BASF, which prides itself as being one of the most active and innovative local bar associations. In addition to services and benefits to our members, BASF provides a variety of legal services to San Francisco residents including our Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and the Justice & Diversity Center (including the Homeless Advocacy Project) which is the largest provider of legal services to San Franciscans.
About the Justice and Diversity Center of BASF (JDC):
JDC is a non-profit organization that provides free legal services through its staff and volunteers to low-income Bay Area residents. Each year more than 1,600 volunteer attorneys, legal assistants, and law students work with JDC staff to serve nearly 7,500 indigent clients. JDC’s holistic advocacy approach seeks to address the social service and legal needs of clients.
About the Job:
The Project Manager, Development plays a key role in the formation of fund development strategies and tactics that are focused on increasing contributions, from individual donors and the corporate and legal communities, for the Justice and Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco (JDC). Working with the Director of Development and Community Engagement, the Project Manager, Development will manage the fundraising database, develop research materials for individuals, corporations and law firms, develop and maintain fund development reports for the board and executive staff, assist in fundraising efforts as well as assist with planning and execution of all events related to fund development.
- Development, coordination and day-of, onsite management of certain development fundraising events, acting as representative and ambassador of JDC of BASF to guests and members. Work collaboratively with the Board, event committees, communications, and other departments to ensure all event activities (pre and post) and outcomes (benefits fulfillment and other) are successful.
- Develop and manage stewardship and cultivation plans for existing and new donors, executing all deliverables for pledges and sponsorships.
- Design, develop and produce research briefs on target donors, sponsors, and corporate prospects, with recommendations for targeted solicitation and campaign initiatives.
- Develop, implement and manage appropriate internal systems to ensure detailed and accurate records, including management of database and project management systems.
- Analyze, report, and produce recommendations related to fund development campaigns for management and board.
- Manage gift processing (mail-in, phone and online payments) activities including gift acknowledgments.
- Partner with Finance to periodically audit and reconcile gift records and reporting.
- Coordinate support and carry out implementation of prospect strategy and donor relations activities, JDC board meeting administrative activities, and grants administration.
- Execute marketing outreach in collaboration with Events.
- Fulfill other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following:
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE|
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2 years’ experience in individual or major gift giving development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position.
- High proficiency in office technology, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), and working knowledge of Access or other database software
- Interest in working with underserved communities and the law is strongly preferred
|SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS|
- Fluency speaking Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook)
- Proficiency in donor database systems, including running queries and reports
- Knowledge of basic fundraising components including direct mail, on-line giving, campaigns, event management, and personal solicitation strongly preferred
- Experience using project management tools and on-line research tools strongly preferred
- Experience working with a CRM such as Salesforce strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced environment and independently prioritize with high attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills (professional and diplomatic interactions)
- Ability to exercise good judgment in implementing and applying policies appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
NOTE: To the extent possible, reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Work For Us:
We offer a collaborative work environment, progressive culture, diverse staff and a 7-hour workday/35-hour workweek. Additionally, we are a mission and values-based organization.
We also offer a generous benefits package that includes: a choice of medical insurance plans, dental insurance, vision insurance, pretax commuter, health, and dependent care accounts, employer paid short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement and profit-sharing benefit, and more.
Starting salary is competitive with other nonprofits. JDC is strongly committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who can contribute to our diversity.
We will begin reviewing candidates immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: BASFjobs@sfbar.org or Human Resources, JDC, 301 Battery Street, Third Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. Open until filled. Please reference “Project Manager, Development.”
No phone calls please. Due to the amount of resumes we receive, we will not be able to respond individually with the status of your application.