Program Manager, Community Affairs & Advocacy
Job Location: Los Angeles Office – Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $26.43 – $32.93 Hourly
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Admin – Clerical
Under the direction of the HAP Program Director, Community Affairs and Advocacy Program Manager will have primary responsibilities to lead HAP policy and advocacy work, outreach activities, public awareness campaign, network development, partnership and collaboration engagement and support. The activities involving community affairs and advocacy will support HAP policy priorities, collaborative partnership building and engagement including: improving community health, increasing health access to equitable and quality healthcare at state and regional county levels, building and supporting alliances with community stakeholders and statewide Health Justice Network (HJN) coalition partners and affiliated members; carrying out campaign initiatives to assist implementation of strategies and action plans for Health Care Reform priorities, COVID-19 vaccine community health outreach, mitigation, recovery and resiliency efforts, and other health equity related focuses and priorities, that are imperative for the health and wellness of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islander (AANHPI) communities and constituencies, immigrants, limited English proficient and vulnerable populations, and other groups and community members in diverse ethnicities. The program manager will also provide administrative and communication support to HAP unit across all programs and staff, and also acquire functional roles to liaise and intersect with other inter-unit teams at the Advancing JusticeLA.
This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This position ends on May 31, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
|45%||Under supervision of Program Director, lead policy and advocacy activities:
|40%||Under supervision of Program Director, elevate programmatic external profiles; lead outreach and public awareness campaign initiatives, network development, partnership and collaboration engagement activities:
|10%||Under supervision of Program Director, design and implement program administration and support:
Plan, track, write and submit grant compliance reports in accordance with grant-makers guidelines;
|5%||All other duties as delegated to current demands and priorities.|
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors degree in related field (Community Health, Public Health, Health Administration, or relevant graduate degree a plus)
- Minimum 4 years of experience working on health care programs, program management, public relations/community affairs, policy and advocacy, presentations, compliance, and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and task oriented.
- Consensus building, group facilitation and training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive utilization of data: identifying needs, gathering, analyzing and reporting
- Familiarity with publicly funded programs, including Covered California, Medi-Cal and local safety net programs, COVID-19 vaccine outreach, and knowledge of, and interest in, health-related issues, including health care reform, health equity and disparities, and the landscape of the health care system
- Complex and detailed program implementation.
- Sound administrative/procedural decisions and judgement
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse communities and coalitions, especially AANHPI communities, in California
- Strong commitment to social justice.
- Must be creative, self-directed, motivated, organized, comfortable working independently and have the ability to initiate and coordinate projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Access to reliable means of transportation is a must.
- Design experience, including familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and other software programs a plus
- Strong computer, word processing, and database skills and familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Bilingual ability in an Asian American or Pacific Islander language desirable