Program Associate, Healthy Nonprofits Program (San Francisco)
APPLICATIONS DUE October 14th, 2019 – CONSIDERED ON ROLLING BASIS
OneJustice is a nonprofit legal organization that brings life-changing legal help to those in need by transforming the civil legal aid system. We have three core program areas: (1) Pro Bono Justice, which expands legal services for Californians in need by developing and staffing innovative and effective pro bono projects with law schools, firms, and businesses around the state; (2) Healthy Nonprofits, which ensures legal services nonprofits have the business and management skills needed to survive and thrive, and (3) Californians for Legal Aid, which advocates for California legal services nonprofits on federal policy and funding issues. More information about OneJustice is available at www.OneJustice.org.
Position Description: The Program Associate is part of the Healthy Nonprofits team which provides training, resources, coaching and consulting to the boards and staff of legal services nonprofit organizations. Through its long-running Executive Fellowship program focused on training current executives and the next generation of nonprofit leaders, the Organizational Change Accelerators program which provides coaching to legal aid organizations on organizational development, the Capacity Building Academy which provides free online trainings to legal services staff to develop program management skills, and other legal services nonprofit resources, the Healthy Nonprofits Program provides critical capacity building support to the civil legal aid sector. More information about OneJustice’s Healthy Nonprofits Program is available online here.
Located in San Francisco, the Program Associate reports to the Healthy Nonprofits Senior Staff Attorney, and works closely with the Director of the Healthy Nonprofits Program. This position is well-suited for someone who is interested in nonprofit management and civil legal aid for low-income communities and who hopes to gain exceptional work experience in a busy and active work environment. The Program Associate will be encouraged and actively supported to develop transferable skills in relevant areas of interest (e.g. project management, equity & inclusion, IT/web development, data analytics, etc.).
- Provide logistical and administrative support on all nonprofit management and capacity building programs, as well as consulting and training projects, including webinars
- Create, administer, and maintain evaluations and records for nonprofit program sessions, trainings, and consulting projects
- Assist in training program expansion efforts by helping develop marketing and outreach strategy, and creating related materials.
- Support the development, distribution, and analysis of statewide surveys and research on nonprofit management practices in the nonprofit and legal services sectors, as well as effectiveness assessment of OneJustice programs
- Administer statewide listservs for legal services leaders on various nonprofit management topics
- Support regular convenings of legal services leaders in the Bay Area
- Research best practices in nonprofit and legal services management to support curriculum development
- Develop and maintain training guides for external clients and internal staff
- Oversee website updates for the Healthy Nonprofits program