Program Associate, Immigration
NCYL seeks a dynamic, talented, program associate to support our Immigration team, which focuses on advocating for immigrant children, including unaccompanied children in federal immigration custody and children involved in state child welfare and/or juvenile justice systems. The Program Associate will be a valued member of a team seeking to protect the civil rights of immigrant youth, reduce the number of youth detained in federal custody, and ensure immigrant children and youth are effectively served by the public systems with which they interact. This position will be based out of our Oakland office.
- Assisting with and managing grant applications, proposals, and progress reports.
- Assisting with external communications and outreach, including helping to maintain NCYL’s presence on social media and creating new content for our NCYL’s website.
- Preparing, editing, and formatting documents for external audiences.
- Providing technology support, including supporting the rollout of new technology systems.
- Coordinating team meetings, including scheduling meetings, collecting agenda items, taking minutes and distributing resources.
- Supporting communication with external partners.
- Conducting academic and factual research, as needed.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Supporting and participating in core activities of NCYL.
- Passionate about supporting the well-being of immigrant children and youth.
- Extremely organized with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and efficiently multi-task and produce a high-end work product in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player.
- Creative problem solving and ability to stay focused on the big picture.
- Capable of working independently.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage technology systems; ability to learn technology and software quickly.
- Ability and willingness to engage in some travel.
- Able to support and work well with team members in other locations.
- Commitment to NCYL’s mission.
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish.
- Knowledge of immigration, child welfare, education and/or juvenile justice policy.
- Ability to do simple graphic design / document layout.
- Experience using SharePoint, Salesforce, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Direct or indirect experience with the immigration system.
Salary and Benefits and Location
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a salary of $60,000. NCYL provides health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick benefits, and an employer contribution to a retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references through the link below. No phone calls or emails please.
NCYL is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information. Applicants of color, those who will increase the diversity of NCYL, and those with personal experience with the immigration system are strongly encouraged to apply.