Program Associate, Healthy Nonprofits Program (San Francisco)
APPLICATIONS DUE July 1, 2019 – CONSIDERED ON ROLLING BASIS
OneJustice is a nonprofit legal organization that brings life-changing legal help to those in need by transforming the civil legal aid system. We have three core program areas: (1) Pro Bono Justice, which expands legal services for Californians in need by developing and staffing innovative and effective pro bono projects with law schools, firms, and businesses around the state; (2) Healthy Nonprofits, which ensures legal services nonprofits have the business and management skills needed to survive and thrive, and (3) Californians for Legal Aid, which advocates for California legal services nonprofits on federal policy and funding issues. More information about OneJustice is available at www.OneJustice.org.
Position Description: The Program Associate is part of the Healthy Nonprofits team which provides training, resources, coaching and consulting to the boards and staff of legal services nonprofit organizations. Through its long-running Executive Fellowship program focused on training current executives and the next generation of nonprofit leaders, the Organizational Change Accelerators program which provides coaching to legal aid organizations on organizational development, the Capacity Building Academy which provides free online trainings to legal services staff to develop program management skills, and other legal services nonprofit resources, the Healthy Nonprofits Program provides critical capacity building support to the civil legal aid sector. More information about OneJustice’s Healthy Nonprofits Program is available online here.
Located in San Francisco, the Program Associate reports to the Healthy Nonprofits Senior Staff Attorney, and works closely with the Director of the Healthy Nonprofits Program. This position is well-suited for someone who is interested in nonprofit management and civil legal aid for low-income communities and who hopes to gain exceptional work experience in a busy and active work environment. The Program Associate will be encouraged and actively supported to develop transferable skills in relevant areas of interest (e.g. project management, equity & inclusion, IT/web development, data analytics, etc.).
- Provide logistical and administrative support on all nonprofit management and capacity building programs, as well as consulting and training projects, including webinars
- Create, administer, and maintain evaluations and records for nonprofit program sessions, trainings, and consulting projects
- Assist in training program expansion efforts by helping develop marketing and outreach strategy, and creating related materials.
- Support the development, distribution, and analysis of statewide surveys and research on nonprofit management practices in the nonprofit and legal services sectors, as well as effectiveness assessment of OneJustice programs
- Administer statewide listservs for legal services leaders on various nonprofit management topics
- Support regular convenings of legal services leaders in the Bay Area
- Research best practices in nonprofit and legal services management to support curriculum development
- Develop and maintain training guides for external clients and internal staff
- Oversee website updates for the Healthy Nonprofits program
- BA/BS or Associate’s Degree, or at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- The ability to concurrently manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects
- The ability to communicate professionally with a diverse audience
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An affinity for improving processes, creating efficient systems, and institutionalizing knowledge
- Familiarity with Google and Microsoft products
- Familiarity with managing data in spreadsheets and/or online databases
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or other content management systems is a plus
- Familiarity with SurveyMonkey and/or Google Sheets is a plus
- Previous event coordination experience is preferred
- Previous nonprofit experience (particularly in legal services or nonprofit management) is a plus
- Some travel within California is required
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary for a Program Associate position is $41,065, with increases possible for each year of prior directly relevant professional experience, as dictated by the OneJustice salary scale
- Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays – including a full week off during the winter holidays)
- OneJustice also offers a flexible spending account for qualified health and commute expenditures
- A supportive, team-based environment that allows you to take an early lead on projects
Application: To apply, please visit: https://onejustice.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=27
Applications must be received by end of the day on Monday, July 1, 2019. The ideal start date is as soon as possible.
In the online application system listed above, be prepared to submit the following information: 1) a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position that describes relevant work and/or volunteer experience; 2) your resume; 3) three references; and 4) a response to the following question:
OneJustice serves highly diverse communities in the broader legal services sector. To ensure that our agency is best positioned to serve these communities, OneJustice strives to promote an evolving set of behaviors and attitudes amongst our staff, as well as policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with clients, with our coworkers, and with our communities. We see this as a commitment to enhance the provision of our services to all clients and nonprofits and to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. Please address in your cover letter how your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural competency and diversity amongst our staff. Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.
To promote social justice and best serve our various communities, OneJustice is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and providing culturally competent services. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups, as well as bilingual and bicultural candidates, to apply.