Program Assistant (Full-Time Position)
Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people experiencing homelessness, people living with HIV/AIDS, people who are disabled, and homeless veterans.
ICLC seeks a talented Program Assistant to help increase efficiency and impact of our programs by providing executive assistant support to ICLC’s Chief Counsel & Director of Legal Services and other leaders at ICLC. The Program Assistant will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting the Chief Counsel & Director of Legal Services’ calendar and activities, including calls, meetings, and other communications.
- Coordinating and managing internal and external meetings for program staff.
- Coordinating and managing ICLC’s trainings and presentations, legal library, travel arrangements, and inputting of data into ICLC’s case management system.
- Supporting expense reimbursement procedures, hiring and onboarding of new employees, and coordination of volunteers.
- Assisting with front desk operations
- Generally assisting ICLC’s Program Team with a variety of projects and functions for the purpose of achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and ensuring efficient operations and consistency across the organization.
Hiring Criteria: Commitment to ICLC’s mission and values. Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a kind, appropriate, and client-centered manner. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to handle complex situations, balance multiple responsibilities, and competing priorities. Outstanding attention to detail and highly organized. Strong computer and data-entry skills. Innovative, self-motivated, solution-oriented, with willingness to learn, and strong ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at https://innercitylaw.org/join-our-team/.