POSITION: Paralegal, Immigration Practice
CLASSIFICATION: Union – Non-Exempt
SALARY: $50,000+ DOE/DOQ
REPORTS TO: Directing Attorney
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
About Bet Tzedek:
Bet Tzedek, the House of Justice offers free legal assistance services to undocumented youth in need of assistance securing Special Immigrant Juvenile Status and adjusting to lawful permanent resident status. Bet Tzedek assists unaccompanied minors under California Probate Court jurisdiction as well as DCFS supervised children. Bet Tzedek is seeking an earnest, organized, and focused bilingual individual to serve as a paralegal assisting with the representation of unaccompanied children in removal proceedings and the adjustment of status process.
- Conduct intake/interview of referred undocumented children;
- Prepare immigration filings including SIJS, adjustment of status, and humanitarian immigration petitions as well as responses to Requests For Evidence (RFEs), Notices of Intent to Deny (NOIDs), and Referrals;
- Work collaboratively with immigration and guardianship attorneys to ensure consistent practice and strategy in affirmative and defensive immigration matters;
- Manage referrals for medical, mental health, and social services for minor clients; and
- Comply with case management and reporting procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission required;
- Spanish-language fluency or high-proficiency (spoken and written) required;
- Previous BIA Accreditation preferred;
- Minimum two years paralegal/clerical experience; and
- One year experience working in immigration legal services preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email letter of interest, resume, and minimum salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject: “Immigration Paralegal”)
Note: This position is part of a special program created using designated funds; there is no assurance of ongoing funding or employment beyond the period for which the funds are obtained.
To best serve our community Bet Tzedek seeks a diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.