WAGE RANGE: Depending on experience
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time 35-hour work week, hourly, non-exempt LOCATION: Various Offices
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an energetic, motivated, personable and effective Outreach Paralegal to provide services to immigrant victims of violence and their families, particularly victims of domestic violence and trafficking. Under the supervision of the Supervising Attorney, the Outreach Paralegal will survey the immigration services available in Orange County and create an asset map that can be used by agencies to make appropriate referrals.
Essential Job Duties
• Triage walk-in requests for assistance;
• Coordinate with other immigration service providers to develop a comprehensive asset map of pertinent immigration services in Orange and Los Angeles County;
• Travel regularly to CLA SoCal partner facilities to conduct client intake, prepare legal forms and client declarations;
• Duties will involve interviewing clients and maintaining client files.
• Prepare legal forms, pleading and other writings in connection with trials and settlements and other legal proceedings.
• Write, edit and finalize correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents including drafting discovery and discovery motions.
• Perform legal and factual research. Cite checking.
• Observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
• Provide safety planning and advocacy to clients.
• As needed, maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems.
• Prepare detailed monthly reports for the funding agency.
• Enter time into Case Management System.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Experience in assisting DV victims in Immigration matters.
• Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and document assembly program Form Builder. Internet research skills including Westlaw and LexisNexis. Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently in a professional and efficient manner. Excellent attention to detail. Must be a team player, able to work under pressure.
Educational and Experience Requirements Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate. Must have two years’ experience as a paralegal.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical, dental, LTD, 401k with employer contribution, life insurance, and FSA. Paid holidays | vacation | sick leave