SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE
ELIGIBLE FOR SIGNING BONUS ! !
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our Administration Administrative team in Los Angeles.
WHO WE ARE
We are the nation’s largest legal and civil rights organization for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (NHPI). Our mission is to advocate for civil rights, provide legal services, and education and build coalitions to positively influence and impact Asian Pacific Americans and to create a more equitable and harmonious society. We serve more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year, focusing on the most vulnerable members of Asian American and NHPI communities while also building a strong voice for civil rights and social justice. With our Advancing Justice affiliates in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., we enrich, enhance, and serve our communities across the country.
WHO YOU ARE
You share our mission of advocacy for Asian Pacific Americans. You enjoy the thrill of serving the public interest while championing civil rights and social justice. You take pride in your work enriching lives and communities in Los Angeles and across the country. You are looking for your next role in an organization that supports your career as much as you support the organization and its goals. You are looking for a job where you make a difference, and your impact is directly proportional to your contribution. You are a game changer. You are a leader. You are an advocate.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum associate degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience), Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of professional administrative experience (non-profit organizations preferred)
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual in at least one Asian language strongly preferred (Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Thai, Tagalog or Vietnamese)
- Demonstrated sincere commitment to social justice and serving on behalf of low-income, immigrant communities, AANPHI or non-profit environments preferred
- Valid driver’s license and/or access to alternative means of transportation
WHAT WE BRING
- The special opportunity to join a mission driven team
- Rich medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement options through 403B and match
- Flexible and Hybrid work schedules
- Referral and Signing bonuses
ABOUT THE ROLE
Under the HR Manager, the Office Manager is responsible for managing administrative functions, maintaining common building areas, and supporting operations at the Los Angeles office. This position provides support to all staff members, visitors, tenants, and vendors. The Office Manager will work closely with Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities departments, and Orange County office location to support and ensure smooth operation of the organization.
Your day-to-day typically includes:
55% Administration of Office Operations
- Manage office administrative processes to ensure seamless and safe operations
- Maintain the cleanliness of all common areas
- Create and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Work with HR, Facilities and IT to assign and document staff workspaces
- Conduct new staff and volunteer orientations on sign in and health check system
- Create, negotiate, and maintain reliable vendor relationships that facilitate purchases and services
- Support the visioning and planning of broader facility and capital improvement
- Maintain records relating to facilities, including vendor and building files
- Work very closely with Facilities Manager to report, request, and troubleshoot problems with facility or tenant requests
- Schedule community partners or tenants’ use of conference rooms
35% Administrative Support for Staff
- Respond to administrative trouble ticket within one business day and solve or escalate as quickly as possible
- Escort visitors, guests, walk-ins, and vendors while maintaining capacity limits and traffic
- Communicate with staff regarding planning, updates, coordinate staff-wide training, and safety-/facility-related demonstrations
- Provide back-up administrative function support for facilities and human resources
10% Other Duties as Assigned
- Work with Facilities Manager regarding building rules and health & safety protocols
- All other duties as assigned
To apply for this role, Please Click Here to Apply on Paycom!
or please visit our website – https://ajsocal.org