Join an organization advancing equality through free legal services for low-income people.The Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco (JDC) has an opportunity to join our team as Office Administrator for the Pro Bono Legal Services Program and Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic.
BASF is a nonprofit organization and the oldest voluntary bar association in California. Today, over 7,400 San Francisco lawyers are members of BASF, which prides itself as being one of the most active and innovative local bar associations. In addition to services and benefits to our members, BASF provides a variety of legal services to San Francisco residents including our Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and the Justice & Diversity Center (including the Homeless Advocacy Project)which is the largest provider of legal services to San Franciscans.
About the Justice and Diversity Center of BASF (JDC):
JDC is a non-profit organization that provides free legal services through its staff and volunteers to low-income Bay Area residents. Each year more than 1,600 volunteer attorneys, legal assistants, and law students work with JDC staff to serve nearly 7,500 indigent clients. JDC’s holistic advocacy approach seeks to address the social service and legal needs of clients.
About the Job:
The Office Administrator performs a range of administrative duties to support the Pro Bono Legal Services Program, and reports directly to the Director. She/he assists with all administrative aspects of managing four JDC offices for effective and efficient operations, coordinates data entry and reporting, and conducts client intake two days per week.
- Serves as coordinator for office needs at 301 Battery Street and court-based offices in San Francisco and Oakland for JDC staff and volunteer attorneys
- Routes mail and faxes
- Coordinates and codes vendor invoices for submission to Accounts Payable in a timely fashion for Pro Bono Legal Services and the Cooperating Restraining Order Clinic, which includes staff expense reimbursements, food/beverage orders and travel arrangements
- Attends monthly board of director meeting and takes meeting minutes, orders lunch, generates meetings after each meeting
- Serves as primary contact for administrative needs spanning JDC Pro Bono Legal Services Program, Homeless Advocacy Project and Immigrant Legal Defense Program
- Coordinates data entry and reporting for program services; generates monthly timesheets for funders
- Supports one or two Saturday clinics per month, coordinating staffing and food order/delivery
- Assists primarily with one annual event for 200+ attendees, and several small trainings and events through the year; coordinates catering, event logistics and vendor payments
The successful candidate will have the following:
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE|
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position
- High proficiency in office technology, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), andworking knowledge of Access or other database software
- Law office experience is a plus but not required
|SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS|
- Fluency speaking Spanish preferred
- Law office or professional office management experience preferred
- Must be able to multi-task, organize,complete work independently,and take initiative on projects
- Must interact with colleagues, clients, board members and volunteers in a collegial and professional manner
- Punctual and regular attendance is required to complete work in a client-service oriented manner
Why Work For Us:
We offer a collaborative work environment, progressive culture, diverse staff and a 7-hour workday/35-hour workweek. Additionally, we are a mission and values-based organization.
We also offer a generous benefits package that includes: a choice of medical insurance plans, dental insurance, vision insurance, pretax commuter, health, and dependent care accounts, employer paid short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement and profit-sharing benefit, and more.
Starting salary is competitive with other nonprofits. JDC is strongly committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who can contribute to our diversity.
We will begin reviewing candidates immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: BASFjobs@sfbar.org or Human Resources, JDC, 301 Battery Street, Third Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. Open until filled. Please reference “Office Administrator.”
No phone calls please. Due to the amount of resumes we receive, we will not be able to respond individually with the status of your application.