Major Gifts Officer
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Position Summary: The Major Gifts Officer will play a critical role in increasing donor support and acts as an ambassador for LACLJ across the community. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate and individual donors, with a special focus on major gifts. The Major Gifts Officer will report to the Director of Development, and will work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director, as well as board members and other internal and external stakeholders.
About the Organization: Located in East Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice (LACLJ) is an emerging leader in the provision of legal services to immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. The 35-person nonprofit law firm assists clients in obtaining restraining and custody orders, immigration relief and other legal remedies available to them as a result of surviving domestic violence, sexual assault or human trafficking. LACLJ also provides clients with supportive services, which include education, referrals, safety planning, and accompaniment through its Community Care Advocacy Program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop corporate and individual donor soliciting strategies along with materials
- Identify and research donor prospects
- Design and implement a donor stewardship program
- Develop opportunities for donor engagement with the agency (cultivation events, corporate volunteerism, etc.)
- Engage LACLJ staff, board and volunteers in the donor development process
- Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goals and management of donor portfolio
- Provide regular reports and analysis to grow major gifts program
Other Duties: Adheres to standards of professional responsibility; adheres to all LACLJ policies and procedures, including the standards set forth in the Performance and Evaluation Standards; participates in mandatory staff trainings and meetings; other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising with a minimum of 4 to 7 years experience with major gifts.
- Passion for issues related to survivors of domestic and sexual violence, immigrants and women.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising
- Proven ability to interact and influence philanthropic leaders
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with a culturally diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- This position requires attendance at meetings, both in and outside the LACLJ offices.
- Use of office machines such as computers, photocopiers and telephone.
Compensation: The Major Gifts Officer is a part-time or contractual position with an annual range of $30,000-$35,000 per year depending on experience.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject header. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice is an equal opportunity employer.