LITC Enrolled Agent Advocate Position
Job Title: Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) Enrolled Agent Advocate
Reports to: Consumer Practice Group Director and LITC Clinic Director
Supervises: Paralegals and Legal Secretaries
Inland Counties Legal Services is seeking a full-time enrolled agent to work in its Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) in Riverside, CA. Inland Counties Legal Services, Inc. is a nonprofit organization providing legal services to low-income persons residing in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. ICLS targets services to seniors and those in the greatest social or economic need. Legal services are provided by attorneys, or paralegals under the direct supervision of an attorney. Levels of service include advice and counsel, limited action (includes negotiations and preparation of legal documents), as well as direct representation before administrative law and civil courts. ICLS provides legal assistance in a variety of areas in law, the eight practice groups are: Seniors/Outreach, Consumer, Housing, Family Law, Immigration, Systemic and Impact, Health Law and Public Benefits. Visit our website at www.inlandlegal.org for more information.
Duties and Responsibilities
The enrolled agent advocate will serve clients with federal income tax disputes and some California State Franchise Tax Board tax disputes through our Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic. The enrolled agent advocate will handle tax controversy cases, whether in Audit or Appeals, and to implement appropriate collections alternatives, whether installment agreements or offers in compromise with the IRS. In addition, the enrolled agent advocate will help coordinate outreach events and help develop outreach materials.
- Represent clients before the Internal Revenue Service and the California Franchise Tax Board to secure formal resolution of their case.
- Review and analyze financial documents to determine the best possible resolution and strategy.
- Prepare tax-related forms on client cases.
- Coordinate outreach events and develop outreach materials.
- Consistent and constant communication with clients to educate them on the status of the case.
- Prepare a small amount of individual income tax returns.
Desired Education and Experience
- Must be a licensed Enrolled Agent.
- Some experience in tax resolution.
- Ability to understand the objectives of tax law.
- Demonstrated interest in, and commitment to, the needs of low-income/vulnerable clients.
- Commitment to working as a team member to serve client needs.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and writing skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Office.
- The ability to speak the Spanish language is a desirable asset but not required.
- Candidates should be willing to travel, although travel is not a significant component of the job.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to HRManager@icls.org
Inland Counties Legal Services Is An
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, Minorities and Disabled Persons Encouraged to Apply