Legislative Advocate 2
Policy Advocacy – Legislative and Communication Unit
Individuals who are Deaf or Disabled are encouraged to apply.
SALARY RANGE (DOE): $63,063 – $84,513 annually
EXCELLENT BENEFITS including 8% 401k Match
Employment Status: Regular, Exempt, Full-Time
LOCATION: Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, Remote within California
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) is a statewide, non-profit legal organization dedicated to advancing the rights of Californians with disabilities. DRC works to achieve fairness and justice for people with disabilities through individual and impact litigation, state and federal policy and regulatory advocacy, and community education and training.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Legislative Advocate 2 is part of the legislative unit for Disability Rights California (DRC) and is responsible for legislative advocacy activities. The Legislative Advocate 2 identifies, monitors, and advocates legislative activities that affect Californians with disabilities.
See Job Flyer for more information about the Legislative Advocate – Policy Advocacy! https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/e1e3371d-8c0e-4327-954d-8bc43cc300aa?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer
Education and Experience
– A BA or BS degree in a relevant field plus at least one year of experience as a legislative staffer or advocate.
– One year additional experience in any of the following areas: 1) legislative advocacy or legislative staffing; 3) community organizing; or 4) advocating for the rights of people with disabilities.
– Experience reviewing, analyzing and lobbying with the state budget process.
– Experience working with a variety of organizations and individuals with diverse perspectives, the public, elected and appointed officials, people with disabilities, and governmental agencies, especially at the state and local levels.
– Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
– Ability to analyze complex problems, develop solutions, and explain legislation so it is easily understood by people at the legislature and the general public.
– Experience in using word processing systems.
Licenses / Certificates
– Must be a registered lobbyist or become registered within 60 days of employment.
– Must attend Lobbyist Ethics Course.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rate opportunity to do what you are good at while making a difference! Please APPLY, https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/e1e3371d-8c0e-4327-954d-8bc43cc300aa?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer