Legislative Advocate 2
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Applications should be received by June
14, 2019, to be considered for the first round of interviews.
SALARY RANGE (Depending on Experience): $57,585 – $77,169 per year.
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) is a well-established and innovative non-profit
organization dedicated to advancing the rights of Californians with disabilities.
DRC works to achieve fairness and justice for people with disabilities through
individual and impact litigation, state and federal policy and regulatory advocacy,
and community education and training.
The Legislative Advocate 2 is part of the legislative unit for Disability Rights
California (DRC) and is responsible for legislative advocacy activities. The
Legislative Advocate 2 identifies, monitors, and advocates legislative activities
that affect Californians with disabilities.
– A BA or BS degree in a relevant field plus at least one year of experience
as a legislative staffer or advocate.
– One year additional experience in any of the following areas: 1) legislative
advocacy or legislative staffing; 3) community organizing; or 4) advocating
for the rights of people with disabilities.
– Experience reviewing, analyzing and lobbying with the state budget
– Experience working with a variety of organizations and individuals with
diverse perspectives, the public, elected and appointed officials, people
with disabilities, and governmental agencies, especially at the state and
– Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
– Ability to analyze complex problems, develop solutions, and explain
legislation so it is easily understood by people at the legislature and the
– Experience in using word processing systems.
Licenses / Certificates
– Must be a registered lobbyist or become registered within 60 days of
– Must attend Lobbyist Ethics Course.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rare opportunity to do what you
are good at while making a difference! DRC offers competitive salaries and a
generous benefit package. To view the detailed job description and complete the
application process visit https://jobs.lever.co/disabilityrightsca/6fe40636-6c63-4b55-9c17-c546d177bc32?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Internal%20Flyer