Job Location: Los Angeles Office – Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $19.34 – $24.18 Hourly
Under the supervision of the SAFE Project Director, the Legal Assistant is responsible for providing litigation support and grant management support. In addition, the Litigation Assistant is responsible for providing general case management and administrative support. This position also performs partner referrals, client follow ups, and provides translation services as necessary. In addition, this position provides general office administrative support.
This is a union position covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide litigation support, such as court document preparation, filing, discovery, case and calendar management, and case meetings;
- Provide grant management support for project director and program manager;
- Provide general case management and administrative support as assigned;
- Perform partner referrals and clients follow ups;
- Provide general office administrative support for the unit including, but not limited to, filing and copying;
- Provide project director and staff attorneys with translation assistance;
The omission of specific job duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties as may be assigned and/or requested from other managers/executives from time to time.
Education and Work Experience
- Associates degree; Bachelors degree strongly preferred;
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience required;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed and task oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience working with limited English speaking clients;
- Bilingual in at least one Asian language required;
- Excellent computer and word processing skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Availability for local travel around Southern California;
- Ability to work some nights and weekends;
- Knowledge of family law, dependency, public benefits or other areas of poverty law strongly preferred
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This position does not have supervisory duties.