Information Technology/Administrative Assistant
CENTRAL CALIFORNIA LEGAL SERVICES
WHO WE ARE: For over 50 years, CCLS has been representing and advocating for low-income individuals in Merced, Tuolumne, Mariposa, Fresno, Tulare, and Kings Counties—a region where intense poverty exists side by side with unparalleled wealth and abundance. Our mission is to provide high quality, no-cost civil legal services to low income individuals, families, and communities—improving the wellbeing of our Valley through systems-changing advocacy, client education, and legal work that meets individual clients’ immediate needs. We also work closely with agencies and community organizations that share our commitment to support our clients in being their own agents of change.
The IT/Administrative Assistant will provide a wide variety of clerical support for the Director of Administration and IT staff, including but not limited to managing and distributing information within the office including technology training materials and resources, supporting the procurement process of office supplies including small equipment and software, data entry, and document management. This full-time, contract position involves extensive interaction and maintaining positive contact with all levels of personnel and observing confidentiality of personnel and firm matters. In addition to advanced clerical and organizational skills, the incumbent will utilize their knowledge and ability to troubleshoot minor software problems, and provide training to staff on using software and resolving minor issues. The ideal candidate will be someone with experience developing, navigating and maintaining MS SharePoint as a key infrastructure piece for communication, information sharing, and documents management. The IT/Administrative Assistant will directly work with and sometimes at the direction of other IT support (contractors included) at least half-time, and will report to the Director of Administration.
Position: Information Technology/Administrative Assistant
Experience: 3+ Years Experience
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 17, 2020
Location: Fresno Office
Term of Employment: Contract, Full Time
Other: FLSA Non-exempt, Non-Union Position
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit https://www.centralcallegal.org/careers/ to submit an online application and join
our CCLS family in an effort to Advance Justice & Empower People.
- Cover Letter addressing the following questions:
- Please tell us briefly about your experience, if any, working with a low-income community. What skills and qualities did you bring that were important to the effort? What did you learn?
- Please describe your leadership experience, if any.
- Tell us about your connection to the Central Valley: how well do you know it? Do you have ties here? What draws you here?
- Do you have particular interest in being a Legal Aid employee? If so, please tell us about that.
- Three Professional References
- Managing and distributing information within the office related to all areas of
administration (human resources (30%), fiscal services (20%), and Information
- Answer and direct phone calls;
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Maintain contact lists;
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Regularly review the CCLS website for errors and omissions and report them for
- Develop and maintain a filing system in MS SharePoint and paper files;
- Order office supplies;
- Provide general support to administrative visitors;
- Provide information by answering questions and requests;
- Ability to occasionally move and/or lift up to 25 lbs;
- Quickly diagnose, organize, and prioritize competing deadlines and properly set
- Overseeing the agency phone system;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years’ prior administrative experience;
- Experience in a legal firm or IT office preferred;
- Adept in Technology:
- Proficient in the use of Windows, Microsoft Office/Office 365 Suite, experience
training others in these programs is a plus;
- Working knowledge of the following programs highly preferred: MS SharePoint, MS
One Drive, MS Outlook, MS Teams, Adobe Acrobat, Nextiva Phone System;
- Demonstrated experience learning and implementing new technologies;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others;
- Ability to utilize and troubleshoot web-based applications as needed;
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations;
- Ability to change (or learn) technology quickly.
- Associate’s Degree in related field.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Salary Range DOE [$17.38 – $19.83 per hour]; Benefits include medical,
dental, vision, life, disability insurance coverage; employer contribution to 403(b) plan based
on length of service; 14.5 paid holidays; generous vacation and sick leave policy; some
professional dues paid by CCLS; if qualified, participation in the School Loan Reimbursement
Assistance Program, and/or a Bilingual Supplement.
CCLS is an equal opportunity employer: we value equity, inclusion, and diversity, across all
races, cultures, classes, ages, religions, gender identities and presentations, sexual
orientations, body sizes, family structures, abilities, and all categories protected by law. We
encourage all interested individuals to apply.