As an integral part of EBCLC’s Development and Communications Department, the Individual Giving Manager will manage a growing annual individual giving program of ~$625,000. S/he or they will be responsible for overseeing the solicitation of donors through seasonal campaigns, as well as our alumni engagement strategy and managing day-to-day operations of EBCLC’s individual giving program.
The Individual Giving Manager will be instrumental in planning and implementing two seasonal campaigns (November-December; late April-June). In addition, the Individual Giving Manager will oversee year-round engagement with graduates of EBCLC’s clinical education program. With the support of the Development Assistant, the Individual Giving Manager will lead the management of our Donor Perfect and Constant Contact platforms. S/he or they will guide overall communications strategies related to donors and media relations, including shaping social media, website, newsletters, email alerts, and funder communications, to effectively articulate EBCLC’s mission and lift up our key programmatic work and initiatives to our diverse community stakeholders. Our successful candidate is organized, collaborative, and a skilled writer, with the ability to create powerful communications and campaigns that engage our donors and drive action for them to give. S/he or they will also write with a voice that reflects a strong and nuanced racial justice lens.
The Individual Giving Manager will work in close collaboration with the rest of the Development, Communications, and Data and Evaluation team, as well as the Executive Director, in implementing multi-prong strategies for sustaining and expanding EBCLC’s individual giving program. The position reports to the Director of Development and Communications (DDC).
- Under the direction of the DDC, and with the administrative support from the Development Assistant, the Individual Giving Manager, lead the successful creation and production of EBCLC’s two seasonal individual giving campaigns and alumni engagement strategy.
- Manage the annual communication, cultivation, and solicitations plans for EBCLC’s individual donor base.
- Create and execute effective digital strategies (email, social media, digital events) to supplement seasonal appeals and increase participation/engagement with donors year-round.
- With support from the Development Assistant, manage Donor Perfect and Constant Contact databases and oversee gift administration.
- Manage acknowledgement process for individual donors.
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure smooth and accurate gift processing.
- Research new prospects for individual donor support.
- Create profile briefs on major donors, when requested, and debrief the DDC and the ED on key findings.
- Support the production of public relations materials, including annual report and quarterly newsletters.
- Engage the Executive Team and Board members in major donor outreach, as needed.
- Implement, test, and evaluate new strategies to increase donor retention, upgrades, and acquisition, and develop key performance indicators to ensure all goals are reached.
- Maintain EBCLC’s programs client story bank, which will be used for quarterly/annual updates to individual donors.
- Commitment to EBCLC’s racial justice-focused mission
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communications skills, including written communications
- Works effectively with a diverse range of people, including Board members, funders, donors, attorneys, and community clients
- Three years of fundraising experience with a focus on individual giving
- Deep donor database experience
- Experience executing annual giving campaigns, special events, and direct/personal solicitation
- Experience with the following social media applications: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Friendly, independent self-starter and outstanding team player
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-changing environment
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this exempt position is $77,000. Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) for employees and their dependents, life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays); EBCLC also offers flexible spending accounts for qualified health, dependent care, and commute expenditures; and retirement options. Professional development support includes an annual professional development stipend and the opportunity to participate in relevant local, statewide and/or national conferences, as determined by EBCLC’s professional development policy and budget.
Due to COVID-19, all EBCLC employees are currently working remotely. The Individual Giving Manager and all EBCLC employees will continue to work remotely as long as California’s Shelter in Place remains in effect. EBCLC will provide the necessary equipment to fulfill the job responsibilities of working from home.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter at: https://easyapply.co/a/74b009df-36c9-4ff0-afc7-f4ce3a16fb8a
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
Working At EBCLC
EBCLC is a non-profit legal services organization, the community-based clinical program for U.C. Berkeley Law School and one of the Bay Area’s largest and most effective systems disrupters. With a dual service and teaching mission, EBCLC is a racial justice organization committed to building a culturally diverse workplace, centered on equity. With about 80 staff, 150 law students a year, and a nearly $10 million annual budget, EBCLC is the largest provider and legal clinic of free legal services in Alameda County, providing multimodal, collaborative, and holistic legal services to over 5,000 clients annually and engaging in legislative and policy advocacy at the state and local level.
EBCLC is strongly committed to advancing justice through education and advocacy, and the need to transform legal services and legal education. Please take time to review EBCLC’s mission, vision, programs, and website, and ensure that your cover letter reflects how your background, experience, and expertise have prepared you to be successful in performing the responsibilities of the position.
Additionally, EBCLC is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace centered on equity and providing an inclusive, welcoming, and culturally responsive environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. To achieve this goal, EBCLC works actively to improve our office climate, systems and structures, communications, and community engagement to create an inclusive and respectful workplace where differences are acknowledged and valued. In your cover letter, please address how your personal background and experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural responsiveness and diversity amongst our staff.
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. EBCLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.