Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm in Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people experiencing homelessness, people living with HIV/AIDS, people with disabilities, and homeless veterans.
Position Description: ICLC seeks a highly motivated Housing Navigator to support the Tenant Defense Project (TDP) team and its growing eviction defense work. Our team is part of the groundbreaking Right to Counsel Coalition and Countywide Stay Housed initiative that brings together more than 20 legal service providers and community-based organizations to prevent homelessness by defending homes. The Housing Navigator will work closely with retained TDP clients to help them access interim and permanent housing-related programs.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients with their housing search and placement, including support with paperwork to enroll them in housing-related programs in Los Angeles County
- Helping clients identify and apply for rental assistance programs;
- Develop and maintain referral lists and procedures for emergency housing, housing providers, social services, and rental assistance programs
- Develop and maintain strong ties to homelessness prevention service providers
- Tracking client services and maintaining organized files for each client
- Performing other duties to support client’s non-legal aspects of eviction case, as needed.
Hiring Criteria: Bilingual in Spanish. Prior housing navigation or housing case management experience. Strong knowledge of homelessness prevention services and resources. Commitment to the mission of the organization and comfortable working with all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Strong ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly and provide trauma-informed and culturally competent assistance to tenants. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-motivated, willing to learn, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to exercise sound independent judgment. Must have access to own transportation to conduct job-related responsibilities.
Compensation: Hourly compensation ranges from $26.30 – $30.00, depending on experience. Excellent benefits.
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team.