POSITION: Hotline Intake Worker
SUPERVISOR: Intake Supervising Attorney
WAGE RANGE: Depending on experience
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, 35 hours/week, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Santa Ana Office
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an energetic, motivated and well- organized individual to work on its Hotline and conduct intake at the Family Resource Center in South County. The Hotline receives over 100 calls a day. Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY FUNCTIONS
Under attorney supervision, perform hotline duties, which include screening clients for eligibility, obtaining
demographic information, determining and documenting legal problem and relaying advice and counsel given by
attorney to eligible clients over the telephone. Must be able to complete client intakes over the telephone and
enter appropriate data into legal database.
Essential Job Duties
- Minimum 1-year full-time experience working on a call center and using a computer.
- Must type 30 wpm.
- Ability to handle difficult client stress situations.
- Ability to understand, relate to, and communicate with people.
- Ability to learn data entry techniques.
- Travel regularly to CLA SoCal partner facilities to conduct client intake, prepare legal forms and client declarations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical, dental, LTD, 401k with employer contribution, life insurance, and FSA. Paid holidays | vacation | sick leave
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Jessica Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org . Position open until filled.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer