Health Law Attorney or Law Graduate
The Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County (LASSMC) seeks an attorney or law graduate with a passion for health equity and social justice advocacy to join our Health Consumer Center (HCC). The HCC helps resolve legal problems related to health care access for low-income people. The HCC works with state and local partners to provide outreach and education and to engage in systemic advocacy to eliminate barriers to health coverage and health care. The HCC is a partner in the Health Consumer Alliance, a statewide network of independent consumer assistance programs.
Organization: LASSMC (www.legalaidsmc.org) is a dynamic and collegial non-profit law firm whose mission is to fight social injustice through civil legal advocacy for people living in poverty.
- Active membership in the California State Bar or admitted in another state and eligible to practice in California for 3 years under the California State Bar rules for the Registered Legal Services Attorney Program, or J.D. from accredited U.S. law school
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and communication skills
- Health law or public benefits law experience
- Experience working with diverse populations and community-based organizations
Compensation: Attorney $60,000+ per year (DOE); Law graduate $55,000. Excellent benefits including up to $3,600/year law school loan repayment assistance. $1,000 stipend for proficiency in Spanish or another language spoken by our client community.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
LASSMC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults and members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.