|Job Title||Finance Associate|
|Reports to||Finance Manager|
The Finance Associate is an integral part of the admin team and EDC’s Right to Counsel services. The Finance Associate is responsible for providing finance-related administrative support for the successful oversight and implementation of San Francisco Tenant Right to Counsel. A significant portion of the Finance Associates’ time will be spent providing bookkeeper support to the Finance Manager. Because we strive to be barrier-free and client-centered, the position requires individuals who truly enjoy working with people, have the skills and capacity to respond in an empathetic and respectful way to clients who are often in crisis, and can work effectively in a collegial and fast paced environment.
First and foremost, the applicant must profoundly share EDC’s mission and vision of social justice and be able to manage stressful situations with empathy and calm. Below are additional qualifications:
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and high energy.
- Comfort with cloud technology, proficient to intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and other common computer programs; experience with Salesforce or related systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with administration and office management.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- QuickBooks Experience (1 year)
- Excel proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Payroll experience (preferred)
- Nonprofit accounting experience (preferred)
- Able to work on several projects simultaneously, and handle a high volume of activity.
- Ability to work under deadlines (excellent time management skills).
- Ability to work collaboratively, but with the capacity to work independently.
Duties and responsibilities
- Second-level review of disbursements including reimbursements, invoices and credit card bills, entry of receipts & attribution of expenses across proper accounts and channels.
- Process weekly bank deposits.
- Issuing checks for bill payments, client payments, staff reimbursements, etc.
- Assist with monthly invoices for City funders and partnered agencies.
- Assist with semimonthly payroll, reconcile PTO balances, and benefit deductions.
- Assist with annual Audit and budget creation.
- Review year-end personnel and vendor tax fillings.
- Process and oversee funds received by EDC, including cash, money orders, cashier’s checks, checks, etc.
- Other finance related tasks as required.
Starting salary $55,000 – plus medical and dental benefits. This is a non-exempt, full-time position (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm).
EDC is a union shop with the National Organization of Legal Services Workers (NOLSW, UAW Local 2320, AFL-CIO). This position is not a union position.
The position requires working with individuals during moments of extreme stress and instability. The position also requires the provision of culturally-sensitive and empathetic services. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Furthermore, because of the nature of the work, the employee is expected to be in the office during normal business hours and to communicate with staff regarding whereabouts when elsewhere for meetings or other obligations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting/standing.
- Extensive typing/data entry.
- Periodic lifting/carrying/transporting of materials in excess of 40 lbs.
- Close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures.
- Prolonged computer use.
The employee will not supervise any employees.