FACILITIES AND OFFICE MANAGER
Position Summary: Advancing Justice-LA seeks a highly organized and experienced Facilities and Office Manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing building-related activities that ensure the building and related infrastructures are safe and well-functioning. This person will also manage the day-to-day office-wide operations of our organization including managing organizational processes and systems that support personnel like office equipment, supplies, rentals, and billing. The ideal candidate will be able to optimize the use of space, services and equipment while reducing operating costs; s/he will have excellent communication and leadership skills to interface with staff, vendors and community members. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Program Services, and supervises an Administrative Assistant and Receptionist.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the upkeep of the building and equipment to meet OSHA health and safety standards and provide optimal work conditions for the staff and tenants
- Work in collaboration with HR to address safety and health concerns
- Regularly inspect grounds and facilities to ensure compliance with standards and satisfactory completion of vendor services
- Determine the need for repairs, cleaning, renovations and purchases, and manage these activities
- Plan and coordinate installations (e.g., telecommunications) and refurbishments
- Manage building activities like space allocation, security, recycling, and waste disposal.
- Respond to staff-initiated trouble tickets and inquiries
- Perform research, analysis and forecasting of building needs and costs
- Develop and maintain a current inventory of agency’s property
- Assist and trouble-shoot issues with three rented offices outside of Los Angeles
- Develop, revise, implement and/or document office operations and procedures (e.g., equipment use, supplies, emergency procedures)
- Ensure that general office items and services are invoiced and paid on time (e.g., phones, postage) and develop a system for timely automated payment for recurring orders
- Manage office equipment leases, repairs and coordinate with IT department
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with vendors and service providers
- Maintain and control an inventory of consumable supplies needed to operate the agency
- Provide general support to visitors who come into the office
- Coordinate with Human Resources and IT for the onboarding process for new hires, including phones, keys, parking, and computers.
- Responsible for specific staff-wide activities such as meetings and celebrations
- Efficiently manage and update financial and non-financial records related to the building and office such as leases, service and insurance contracts
- Minimum of 5 years of facilities and office management experience
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service, or related field
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience supervising staff
- Good analytical and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in English-language business writing
- Proven ability to work independently with the skills to handle multiple projects on various timelines
- Commitment to social justice with a working knowledge of the AANHPI communities strongly preferred
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
- California driver’s license, insurance and access to a car required
Salary: DOE. Excellent benefit package includes parking, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Position will remain open until filled. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources, Attn: Facilities & Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org Asian Americans Advancing Justice – LA, 1145 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90017, Fax: (213) 977-7595.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles (formerly Asian Pacific American Legal Center) was established in 1983 with a mission to protect and advance the civil and human rights of underserved Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander communities through litigation, policy advocacy, legal services, community engagement and communications strategies. We are a part of a national affiliation of five leading organizations advocating for the civil and human rights of Asian Americans and other underserved communities to promote a fair and equitable society for all. The affiliation’s other members are: Advancing Justice – AAJC (Washington, D.C.), Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus (San Francisco), and Advancing Justice – Chicago and Advancing Justice – Atlanta. Advancing Justice-LA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.