CLASSIFICATION: Assistant (Non-Union)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1/15/2019
DEPARTMENT: Administration (support)
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Legal Programs
Under the direct supervision of Bet Tzedek’s Vice President of Legal Programs, this Executive Assistant will provide a wide range of administrative support to the Vice President and the organization’s seven Litigation Managers. This position requires someone to be a gatekeeper, master organizer, scheduler, confidant, trusted advisor, and protector of time and creative energy for the team.
Daily tasks will include handling the Vice President of Legal Program’s schedule and calendar and booking all travel, serving as a conduit for communication among the Litigation Managers and community partners and external stakeholders, working with team members from other departments including public relations, fundraising, HR and accounting, and generally facilitating the team’s productivity through creative problem solving. It is a great opportunity for someone looking to be in the heart of progressive social organization.
• Manage scheduling and coordination of meetings, including logistics, agenda, minutes, and RSVP’s.
• Communicate (via phone, e-mail, mail) with clients, staff, board of directors, and service providers.
• Prepare and organize correspondence, communications, reports, and other documents.
• Maintain files and records.
• Monitor and triage incoming communications.
• Perform clerical work as required, including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, and filing.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Emotional Intelligence – A strong communicator, both in written and verbal form. Understanding the nuances of workplace politics, people, and business is a must.
• Detail Oriented – Organization, time management, and specificity are your friends. You thrive in managing multiple projects and details in a fast-paced, dynamic, complex, and frequently evolving environment.
• Technical Skills – Strong in all Office Suite programs and a fearless learner of new systems. Fluency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is a must. Familiarity with other programs a plus.
• A Lock Box – Extremely discrete and trustworthy. Will have exposure to countless pieces of confidential personal and proprietary information.
• Passionate about Social Justice Issues – A deep interest in promoting Bet Tzedek’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
Education and/or Experience – People-savvy, sharp and detail-oriented individual with at least 2 years of prior experience as an Executive Assistant working in a fast-paced office or for high-level executives.
HOW TO APPLY
• Email letter of interest, resume, and minimum salary requirement to email@example.com. (Subject: “ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT”)
Note: To best serve our communities Bet Tzedek seeks a diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.