|CLASSIFICATION: Management||SALARY: $90,000+ DOE|
|DEPARTMENT: Legal||FLSA STATUS: Exempt|
|REPORTS TO: VP Legal||APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled|
For 45 years Bet Tzedek has been on the front lines combating elder abuse in all its forms. Whether through its extensive outreach and education campaigns, helping seniors secure restraining orders through its Elder Abuse Restraining Order Clinic, or by helping identify and file the single largest consumer fraud class action case impacting seniors in the last decade, Bet Tzedek uses a combination of diverse advocacy strategies to deliver on its promise to protect the most vulnerable members of our community. In the course of doing so, the agency has pioneered internationally recognized best practices and helped develop groundbreaking multidisciplinary collaborations. Bet Tzedek now seeks an experienced attorney with a strong litigation background to lead an incredible team of advocates as it strives towards ensuring access to justice on behalf of seniors.
- Work closely with CEO, VP Legal, and program staff attorneys on project development and implementation, including the incorporation of racial, gender, and intersectional justice perspectives into the program’s litigation and policy strategies.
- Lead a team of 5-10 front line advocates and support staff, including supervising client intake, case management, and client representation and developing staff’s litigation skills and other professional development goals.
- Participate in program management, including the hiring and evaluation of staff and the management of Bet Tzedek’s legal services.
- Work closely with CEO, VP Legal, and Development Staff to identify, pursue and fulfill funding opportunities and reporting responsibilities.
- Active member of California State Bar in good standing (required).
- Minimum of five years related experience/practice of law (required). At least one year of poverty law experience is strongly preferred.
- Mastery of civil litigation and administrative law proceedings (required).
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission.
How To Apply
- Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject: “DIRECTING ATTORNEY”)
Note: To best serve our communities Bet Tzedek seeks a diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.