Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people experiencing homelessness, people living with HIV/AIDS, people who are disabled, and homeless veterans.
Position Description: ICLC seeks a talented Development Associate to work with the Director of Development and other members of the Development and Communication team to help raise charitable funds to support the work of the organization. The Development Associate will be responsible for:
- Entering gifts, pledges, address changes and other donor information into donor databases.
- Writing, merging, editing, printing and sending donor acknowledgments.
- Generating fundraising reports, mailing lists and other donor lists.
- Reconciling monthly with finance department
- Overseeing peer-to-peer fundraising efforts.
- Providing planning, coordination, and design support for fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Maintaining database and physical filing system for grants and contracts; organizing, maintaining and scheduling procurement of contract compliance documents.
- Providing graphic design for printed materials, social media posts, donation pages, fundraising platforms, emails, etc.
Hiring Criteria: Commitment to ICLC’s mission and values. At least three years of experience working in non-profit development or communications office. Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills. Outstanding attention to detail and highly organized. Strong computer, design, and data management skills. Ability to exercise sound independent judgment. Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a kind, appropriate, and client-centered manner.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team.
ICLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition. All qualified applicants with criminal histories shall be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
To keep our Staff and Clients safe, ICLC requires all Staff to have received the COVID-19 vaccine.