The Immigrant Legal Resource Center is Hiring!
Desktop Support Coordinator
San Francisco, CA
The Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) is seeking a Desktop Support Coordinator to work out of our San Francisco headquarters. The Desktop Support Coordinator will support various software and hardware systems for the ILRC. They will provide day-to-day management of information technology functions including helpdesk tickets, computer operations, applications, and systems programming/scripting and networks.
The ILRC is a national nonprofit legal support center headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Austin, TX; Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX; the San Joaquin Valley of California, and Washington, DC. Our mission is to work with, educate, and enhance the capacity of immigrants, community organizations, and the legal sector, in order to build a democratic society that values diversity, dignity, and the rights of all people. Founded in 1979, the ILRC is regarded as one of the foremost experts on engaging immigrants and developing their leadership, providing expertise on complex issues of immigration law, procedure, and policy, and engaging in advocacy and educational initiatives on policies that affect immigrants. We are a team-based organization that makes decisions in a collaborative fashion that allows for significant staff input.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Senior Manager of Technology. The Desktop Support Coordinator will install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and will resolve software and hardware-related problems. Lastly, they will perform global systems updates and malware protection, while maintaining and monitor system configurations to ensure data integrity, while supporting the ILRC’s telecommunications system. The ILRC is a team-based organization that makes most of its decisions in a collaborative fashion that allows for significant staff input. The ILRC currently has a hybrid work model that permits remote work, though eventually plans to require three in-office days per week for those working out of our San Francisco office.
Job Responsibilities: This position will analyze the needs of departments and organize and implement new and/or modified systems to handle those needs. Duties may include:
- Operate ILRC Helpdesk and manage the queue offering first-line support to end-users
- Prioritize and Triage tickets and address issues to end user’s satisfaction
- Investigate issues, research solutions, implement and document within the ticketing system
- Document How-To’s, FAQs, and Knowledgebase articles in ServiceDesk Help Center
- Install test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software. Manage adds and changes to the Active Directory environment. Maintain up-to-date documentation. Maintains accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the network environment.
- Maintain a cloud-based e-mail and collaboration system; ensuring O365 is up to date
- Advise and consult on purchasing needs of all computer products and solutions with a thorough understanding of industry needs.
- Apply patches to laptops and servers.
- Maintain technical relationships with hardware & software manufacturers, resellers, and technical support departments.
- Maintain and executes ILRC’s cloud-based backup system. Assists users by recovering lost files from backup.
- Create and remove users, assign departmental security rights and local workstation rights as well as remote access rights via Remote and VPN.
- Research solutions to maximize ILRC hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
Qualifications: The successful applicant is required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; or 3+ years related computer experience with network operating systems and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Knowledge of the following: Mac OS 10.x, Windows 10/11, O365, Google Workspace, SharePoint Online, JIRA ServiceDesk, Autopilot, Intune, RemoteApp, ADFS, RingCentral, PowerShell, Salesforce, Zoom, and Exchange Online, Meraki Firewall, Meraki VPN, Azure ADDS, SSO, Duo, LastPass, Asana, Bit locker, and Veeam.
- Must be able to accomplish all tasks with minimal supervision and be able to perform quality control process on work performed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and shift attention among changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to self-project manage, and desire to work under pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills/phone etiquette.
- Outstanding troubleshooting abilities required.
- Ability to explain computer-related problems in layman’s terms.
- Willing and able to consistently perform professionally with all levels of ILRC management, staff, volunteers, outside vendors, and other contacts.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
It is a plus if the applicant has experience working in non-profits and has the following certifications:
- A+ and Network+ certification
Pay is commensurate with experience, with an expected range between $75,000 – $85,000 annually. The ILRC offers excellent benefits, medical/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The ILRC also sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
Applications: The position will remain open until filled and is currently available. We will consider applications on an ongoing basis beginning immediately. To ensure consideration of your application, please submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position and a current resume.
Online applications are preferred. As an alternative, you can mail your application to:
Desktop Support Coordinator
Immigrant Legal Resource Center
1458 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls please.
As a condition of employment at the ILRC, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
The ILRC is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious beliefs, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, ILRC will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records.