FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Institutional Giving
APPLICATION OPEN: Until filled
For more than forty years, Bet Tzedek has set the standard for social justice innovation in Los Angeles County. Bet Tzedek seeks a Database Manager to provide in-house support to develop and maintain client and donor databases. The position is highly collaborative and requires the ability to effectively communicate technical data, plan design, outcomes, and metrics with internal clients.
Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Giving and in collaboration with the President & CEO, VP, Legal Programs, and VP, External Affairs, this individual will be responsible for the development and management of Bet Tzedek’s new Case Management System and impact measurement tools.
The Database Manager will work closely with the program, development, marketing, and finance teams to maximize the effectiveness of the new database. They will be responsible for data integrity, report generation, database maintenance and upgrades, ongoing training of staff, and configuration of the new Database to better serve clients, volunteers, and staff.
• Demonstrated experience managing database software, including Microsoft SQL Server
• Strong skills in data management, integrity, and analysis
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to lead a 75-person staff through database redesign and implementation
• Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must; you will be working closely with other teams on a daily basis
• Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
• Comfortable in a fast-pace environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously
• A demonstrated commitment to social justice and an appreciation for how superior data collection and analysis further the execution of that mission
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• A minimum of 3 year of database management and prospect research or advanced training and achievement in a relevant field
• Experience with fundraising donor software, such as Salesforce and Blackbaud
• Experience with statistical programming languages, such as r or python
• Experience with data visualization software, such as Microsoft power bi or tableau
• Experience working with census and other public datasets
• Understanding of core statistical methods
• Data expert for migrating data from existing applications and schema
HOW TO APPLY:
Email letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com, subject line “DATABASE MANAGER.” Please, no phone calls.
Note: To best serve our communities Bet Tzedek seeks a diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.