Database Gift Processor – Development Department
Public Counsel is the largest pro bono public interest law firm in the country. Founded in 1970, it is dedicated to advancing equal justice under law and addressing economic, racial, and other inequities by delivering free legal and social services to the most vulnerable members of our community. Public Counsel operates eight legal projects: Children’s Rights, Community Development, Consumer Rights and Economic Justice, Homelessness Prevention, Immigrants’ Rights, Veterans’ Rights, the Audrey Irmas Project for Women & Girls’ Rights, and our impact litigation project, Opportunity Under Law. Public Counsel has a full-time staff of over 130. We seek to have a racially inclusive staff.
Public Counsel’s Development Department raises funds for the organization through grants, program service fees, events, major gifts, planned giving, board giving, cy pres awards, the annual fund, and other sources.
Public Counsel is seeking a full-time Database Gift Processor who will be part of the Development Department. The primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to updating and generating correspondence from the fundraising software Raiser’s Edge (RE)/NXTsystem. The Database Gift Processor reports to the Associate Director of Development and is responsible for the following tasks:
- Financial record keeping and biographical update activity to support the needs of the Development Department.
- Gift Processing: data entry of all gifts, including by cash, check, credit card, gifts-in-kind, matching gifts, pledges and online transactions.
- Generate, edit and process gift acknowledgement, tribute or pledge reminder letters and other donor correspondence.
- Prepare receipts, scan documentation into the filing system, and log financial materials for tracking/documentation purposes.
- Data Processing: Process financial/biographical updates to records in Raiser’s Edge, create new records, and conduct research within the database and other systems operated by the Development Department.
- Take responsibility for data consistency to ensure data integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple priorities and meet time sensitive deadlines, and will have the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as independently with self-direction.
- The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be capable of maintaining cooperative relationships with coworkers and directors alike.
- The candidate must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality working with donor information.
- The candidate should be highly motivated, detail oriented, and well organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should also possess a high level of comfort with functional and technical job knowledge and Specifically, a minimum of 1 year prior experience working with Raiser’s Edge is required, and candidates must have advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of Public Counsel
START DATE AND COMPENSATION
- This full-time, non-exempt position is available
- Salary is commensurate with abilities and
- Public Counsel offers a competitive benefits package including: (1) medical, dental, and vision coverage with both HMO and PPO options, (2) the option to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account, (3) a 403(b) retirement plan with elective contribution and an employer contribution after a year of employment, and (4) employer-paid life insurance and disability plans.
- Public Counsel follows all emergency state and local orders arising from the current COVID-19 pandemic. Though generally this position is office based, currently all staff must work remotely from their homes. Public Counsel will assess when the physical office will reopen in a manner consistent with public health and local and state emergency orders
Continuous until position is filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
(Use the words “Gift Processor” in the subject line)
Associate Director of Development
No phone calls please.
Public Counsel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.
All qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the
Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.