LEGAL AID OF MARIN
Position: Communications & Development Coordinator
Will consider: Communications & Development Manager
Full Time, temporary (6 mos) – may convert to permanent
Location: San Rafael, CA
Legal Aid of Marin (www.legalaidmarin.org) provides access to the civil justice system to low-income, vulnerable and otherwise underserved residents of Marin County. We strive for practical solutions to client problems through quality legal service. We envision an inclusive Marin County with equal justice and opportunity for all.
Legal Aid of Marin (LAM) is a growing, team-oriented office of thirteen staff members. Our successes include recovering wages for immigrant workers, advocating for and enforcing renter protections, protecting seniors from elder financial abuse, restoring driver’s licenses and eliminating fines through the Marin Community Court program, and more. Our staff works collaboratively, emphasizing community outreach in partnership with trusted service centers around the County. We practice community lawyering to serve Marin residents’ civil legal needs.
Communications and Development Coordinator, he/she/they will lead communications program and will maintain Legal Aid of Marin’s public profile including through website, newsletters, social media, development outreach, and other marketing. The Communications and Development Coordinator will support the development program including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation grants, as well as fundraising events, in support of LAM’s mission and strategic goals. The Coordinator reports to the Manager of Operations and Finance for day-to-day activities, and reports to the Executive Director for content planning and direction. At the Manager level, the Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are limited to the following;
- Create and implement a communications strategy targeting key audiences in support of agency goals and strategic priorities.
- Prepare reports and communications regarding activities, metrics and project
- Train and support staff, board and key volunteers in agency branding and
- Actively maintain and develop relations with community media outlets and cultivate media interest in Legal Aid of Marin initiatives and
- Support Legal Aid of Marin staff to coordinate responses to media
- Manage digital marketing strategy, messaging and
- Maintain and develop the Legal Aid of Marin
Funds Development Program
- In partnership with Executive Director, develop the annual Fund Development and Communication Implement fundraising strategies including major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, donor/volunteer relations, and fundraising events.
- Support the annual giving program to current active donors; includes writing direct appeal letters with program staff and consultants as needed, as well as supporting and coordinating data entry as Inspire donors and build relationships to maximize development opportunities.
- Support the organization’s cultivation and stewarding of current major donors and develop the organization’s major gift prospect list. Identify, engage and solicit individuals, families, foundations and corporations capable of making major
- Write and edit applications & reports, donor materials, annual report, newsletters & donor
- Support events in close coordination with Operations and Finance Manager and Board events committees.
- Support Board fund raising efforts and Board development
- In close coordination with the Operations and Finance Manager (who is LAM’s Salesforce Administrator), support systems to review and ensure completeness and accuracy of donor
- 2+years of communications and funds development
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and work of Legal Aid of
- Experience working interdepartmentally and collaboratively with staff, board members, and volunteers.
- High level of interpersonal skill including collaboration, coaching, delegation, and problem solving.
- Able to drive communications, working collaboratively by managing “up” and “across” a small, nimble
- Knowledge and observance of ethical communications and fundraising techniques and best
- Excellent written and verbal skills; strong attention to
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, and organizational
- Able to establish systems and
- Able to maintain
- Enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing
- A creative, can-do attitude, and a deep commitment to ensuring underserved populations
- Intermediate-Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, social media platforms, email software, and Salesforce.
- Able to travel throughout the
- Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate degree
Competitive salary based upon experience. Benefits include fifteen paid holidays; vacation leave; health, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance; and retirement plan participation.
Thank you for your interest in Legal Aid of Marin. Please send your cover letter and resume to Vivian Alatorre, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Due to the number of applications, we will only be contacting candidates moving forward in the interviewing process.
Legal Aid of Marin is committed to sustaining a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, persons of color, LGBTQQI individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from historically underrepresented groups to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and refrain from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.