POSITION: Clinic Attorney
SUPERVISOR: Intake Supervising Attorney
WAGE RANGE: Depending on experience
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt Employee
LOCATION: Various Offices
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
Community Legal Aid SoCal is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an experienced, energetic, motivated, personable and effective Attorney to work in its Orange County service area (visit www.communitylegalsocal.org for more information about us). Under the supervision of the Intake Supervising Attorney, this position handles client intake and provides brief service to clients at CLA SoCal’s off-site clinics and Orange County offices. The attorney may also serve as back-up to other intake attorneys and assist with client intakes from our call center, online intake, and office walk-ins. The call center receives approximately 45,000 to 50,000 calls a year and has a staff of twelve intake workers and several volunteers.
- Active membership in the California State Bar;
- One to three years’ experience as an attorney;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail;
- Organized, with ability to work on high-volume caseload;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable law and community legal needs;
- Ability to travel regularly to off-site clinic locations;
- Experience with diverse client population;
- Ability to be flexible in job duties;
- Knowledge of, and comfort with, intake systems and technology;
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff effectively at all levels;
- Experience in Family Law preferred;
- Bilingual Language (Spanish) skills required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provide counsel and advice and limited service to clients via clinics and intake systems;
- Travel to CLA SoCal partner facilities to conduct intake and services;
- Triage walk-in requests for assistance;
- Work closely with intake department staff;
- Ensuring timely and appropriate responses to requests for legal assistance;
- Collect client data for grant reporting purposes;
- Training and supervising volunteer attorneys and law students;
- Conduct trainings and outreach to community-based organizations and community groups;
- Coordinate with other assistance organizations in the area by implementing partner meetings to assure appropriate and efficient coverage of services;
- Work in conjunction with the staff attorneys;
- Strategize on improving client access to CLA SoCal.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes medical, dental, LTD, 401k with employer contribution, life insurance, and FSA. Paid holidays | vacation | sick leave
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Jessica Flowers at email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.