|Position||Full-time Case Worker/Client Advocate – Mobilehome Advocacy Project|
|Organization Description||The Public Law Center (PLC)’s Mobilehome Advocacy Project seeks an energetic, passionate advocate to join our team in fighting for justice for low-income mobilehome owners and self-represented litigants in Orange County through innovative, collaborative, community-centered lawyering to address inequities and pursue access to affordable housing.
PLC’s Mobilehome Advocacy Project provides high quality direct representation, in addition to coordinating and supervising pro bono representation, of mobilehome owners who are both tenants and owners, including in cases involving unlawful detainer, harassment, interference with sales, fair housing, disability rights, and other issues related to mobilehome residency. The Program also includes community education, community-based clinics, and local and statewide advocacy.
|Qualifications||· Legal work experience and/or relevant education a plus
· Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese strongly preferred
· Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with low-income communities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, and work independently and as part of a team
· Must have own transportation, valid CA Driver’s license, insurance and good
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the applicant has a valid medical reason for not being fully vaccinated or a sincerely held religious belief preventing vaccination
|Duties and Responsibilities||· Interview clients to assess legal, social, health, housing, public benefits, and other social services needs to help clients better navigate their legal case
· Coordinate communication with and advocate on behalf of clients to government agencies, other professionals, and within PLC to provide comprehensive services
· Assist mobilehome owners in organizing as resident associations and advocating for themselves
· Prepare and deliver trainings on mobilehome owners’ rights and other topics
· Represent PLC at networking and community outreach events (when possible)
· Full time position with occasional evening and weekend work required
· Other duties as assigned
|Salary & Benefits||· Compensation dependent on experience; range of $20.00 to $23.00 per hour
· Competitive benefits provided
|Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (5 pages or less) to Grace Landa at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Public Law Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
601 Civic Center Drive West ∙ Santa Ana, CA 92701-4002 ∙ (714) 541-1010 ext. 272 ∙ Fax (714) 541-5157