|WAGE RANGE:||Depending on experience|
|JOB CLASSIFICATION:||Full time 35-hour work week, hourly, non-exempt|
|Application Deadline:||Continuous until position is filled|
Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLA SoCal) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLA SoCal seeks an energetic, motivated, personable and effective Case Worker to provide holistic, trauma-informed care services to foster youth.
Under the supervision of the Supervising Attorney, the Case Manager will help vulnerable victims navigate complex systems; liaison with juvenile court, the court appointed minor’s counsel, social services and other caregivers; and help coordinate trauma-informed care among CLA SoCal legal staff. This position will help clients deal with the emotional trauma of these crimes, as well as the day-to-day necessities of paperwork and phone calls that are needed to address the ramification of these crimes.
Essential Job Duties
- Conducts interviews for intake, assessment, referral and reassessment;
- Provide case management services, present case finding and review case records;
- Maintains regular contact with assigned clients/ caseload as needed;
- Travel to meet youth at a location arranged by the referring agency;
- Provide referrals to community resources and services;
- Complete a conflict check for youth;
- Develop Individualized Educational Program;
- Monitor progress of services, as well as, evaluating availability and effectiveness of services;
- Identify community service needs or gaps and assists in the development of needed services and improvement in the quality of services;
- Prepare administrative reports, provide consultation and in-service training to staff;
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients;
- Empowers clients to become involved in their own planning and goal setting; Observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship;
- Collects data necessary to meet funding requirements and statistical reports; Enter time into Case Management System;
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and case management skills;
- Excellent communication skills including ability to relate to diverse client population via telephone and in person;
- Ability to work well with colleagues and community allies in a variety of settings;
- Attend hearings to support client and occasionally testify;
- Possess a good working knowledge of and sensitivity towards individuals who have experienced extreme loss and trauma;
- Proactive, self-motivated, resourceful/adaptable, and creative in the planning process; able to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities, and to effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations;
- Acts as an advocate for clients to assure receipt of entitled services and to assure client’s rights are protected;
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office, and database programs;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be compassionate and firm and always maintain confidentiality; Knowledge of community resources;
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required. LCSW or related license desirable, but not required. Must have two years’ experience as a case manager or social worker. Prior experience managing MSW/LCSW students preferable.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes medical, dental, LTD, 401k with employer contribution, life insurance, and FSA.
Paid holidays | vacation | sick leave
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to Jessica Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
Community Legal Aid SoCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.