Brand Designer & Video Producer
Legislation and Communications
LOCATION: Remote (within California) or Sacramento
Make a difference! We stand for the rights of people that have disabilities….JOIN US!
Individuals who are Deaf or Disabled are encouraged to apply.
SALARY RANGE (Depending on Experience): $57,838 – $77,555 annually
We base salary and position offers on experience and an internal equity analysis.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS including 8% 401k Match
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Applications should be received by May 31, 2022 (2 weeks) to be considered for the first round of interviews.
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) is a statewide, non-profit legal organization dedicated to advancing the rights of Californians with disabilities. DRC works to achieve fairness and justice for people with disabilities through individual and impact litigation, state and federal policy and regulatory advocacy, and community education and training.
Working closely with the Communication Director, the Brand Designer & Video Producer will oversee DRC’s brand strategy, setting style guides and brand guidelines. While also designing various marketing materials for print and digital media including: brochures, fact sheets, flyers, sponsorships, conference/event, and other materials as necessary. In addition, developing creative videos to increase DRC’s visibility, brand awareness, and education on various topics to showcase on the website, Youtube, social media platforms, special events and other media as needed. This position is responsible for marketing outreach through video, marketing materials and the strategic growth of DRC’s brand image.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in Advertising/ Design, Video Production, Marketing, Communications, or closely related field from an accredited college or university; plus four (4-6) years branding, marketing, communications experience and/or training; additional four (2) or more years of related experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
5-10 years experience.
- Strong creative storyteller, eye for design, video production, photo selection/editing skills, copywriting, content/script writing, and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in video production with proficiency in editing video in Premier and/or After Effects.
- Experience in Final Cut Pro or similar video editing tool.
- Experience working with vendors, managing budgets, and prepping files for printer release
- Self-starter with strong organizational, project management skills to manage projects from concept, production, to completion; Ability to see the big picture and learn/respond to constructive feedback.
– Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons with disabilities and/or experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic communities.
– Life experience as a person with a disability OR direct experience as a caregiver of a family member with a disability.
Working at DRC is more than just a job – it is a rare opportunity to do what you are good at while making a difference! DRC offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process here.