Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people who have disabilities or are experiencing homelessness, people living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans.
ICLC seeks a highly-organized and motivated Administrative Clerk to provide administrative support to the Tenant Defense Project (TDP) team and its growing eviction defense work. This is an entry-level position. The clerk will work closely with the Co-Directors to evaluate current administrative policies and procedures to increase efficiency and impact. This position will ensure the smooth operation of TDP’s client intake process and placement by streamlining and managing key activities, including:
- Serving as entry-point for all potential clients, including: answering phones, responding to email inquiries, and managing all referral pipelines
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a system for efficient, speedy, and timely client screening and assignment
- Entering data in ICLC’s case management system
- Working closely with attorneys and paralegals to track case progress and deadlines
- Managing a high volume of files and documents, electronic and hard-copy
- Tracking requests to assure deadlines are met and documented
- Providing administrative support to the team’s attorneys including assistance with calls to clients, calendaring, copying, filing, mailing, etc.
- Supporting the team with electronically filing documents with the court
- Other duties as assigned
Required Hiring Criteria: Commitment to the mission of the organization and comfortable working with all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with the general public. Ability to balance multiple tasks and duties with competing priorities. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. Written and oral Spanish language proficiency required for this position.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position directly to our website at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team. Applications will not be considered if both resume and cover letter are not provided.
Here at Inner City Law Center we offer excellent benefits (medical, dental and vision insurance), an excellent compensation package, 401k plan, paid lunches, paid time off, and more!