Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Development, the Administrative Assistant will primarily provide support in meeting LACLJ’s development goals including assisting with the agency’s annual fundraising gala and peer to peer fundraising campaign. This position will also provide support to LACLJ’s Grants Management team with grant proposals, reporting, and compliance.
About the Organization: Located in East Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice (LACLJ) is an emerging leader in the provision of legal services to immigrant survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
The 32-person nonprofit law firm assists clients in obtaining restraining and custody orders, immigration relief and other legal remedies available to them as a result of surviving domestic or sexual violence. LACLJ also provides clients with wraparound supportive services, which include education, referrals, safety planning, and accompaniment through its Community Care Advocacy Program.
Process donations and maintain accurate donor files, including giving histories and contact information. Build mailing lists and create donor reports as needed.
• Support logistics for annual fundraiser and other events, such as coordinating vendors, managing timelines and checklists, tracking RSVPs and ticket requests, and overseeing event registration.
• Support the planning and implementation of annual peer-to-peer fundraising campaign and the development of a new major gifts program
• Assist in preparing development-related communications, such as invitations, save-the-dates, appeals letters, stewardship communications, holiday cards, and acknowledgments.
• Assist in preparing LACLJ’s e-newsletter, posting content to website and social media, and other tasks related to online fundraising and communications efforts.
• Create content through recording client testimonials, interviewing program managers, and developing simple graphics.
• Provide administrative support such as scheduling appointments, monitoring development-related voicemail and email, managing mail, and coordinating meetings with volunteers and donors.
• Assist with coordinating board and board committee meetings, preparing materials, and taking minutes
• Maintain databases and systems of recording grant related proposals, reporting, and monitoring.
• Coordinate the planning and preparation of grant proposals and ensure proposals are formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with grant requirements.
• Assist in preparation of routine correspondence, reporting, audits, and site visits.
Page 2 of 2
B.A. or B.S. degree
1-3 years of administrative experience
Excellent Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with the public and with volunteers
High level of attention to detail required
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with accuracy and minimal direction
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required by events and deadlines
Prior experience handling confidential information including information involving cash and credit card transactions.
Passion for working with survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault
Prior experience working with databases (Network for Good or Efforts to Outcomes experience a plus)
Education and/or experience that demonstrates an understanding of the needs of low-income persons, immigrants and/or other under-served, under-represented populations
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Fluency in written and spoken Spanish preferred
Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Prior experience working with website content management systems (WordPress experience a plus)
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Work will be performed in an office setting at a work station
Incumbent will be required to concentrate on tasks while facing distractions and will be required to attend meetings
Use of office machines such as computers, photocopiers and telephones
Salary and Benefits: The Administrative Assistant position is a non-exempt position with an annual salary range of $38,000 to $45,000 per year depending on experience. LACLJ offers a generous benefits package, a 35-hour workweek, paid vacation leave and sick leave and 100% employer-paid medical (Kaiser), dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance. Staff also has the option to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan and dependent and health flex savings accounts (FSA). LACLJ is an eligible nonprofit employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject header. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice is an equal opportunity employer.