ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – PRO PER CLINICS
|CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Assistant I (Union)||SALARY: $51,530.24+DOQ|
|DEPARTMENT: Caregiver/Elder Law||FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt|
|REPORTS TO: Directing Attorney||APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled|
For nearly 50 years, Bet Tzedek Legal Services has provided high-quality, free legal services to Los Angeles’ most vulnerable residents. Bet Tzedek seeks an Administrative Assistant to join the Self-Help Clinics operated by the Caregiver & Elder Law Unit teams. This key team member will provide logistical support to the Self-Help Conservatorship Clinic and Elder Abuse Restraining Order Clinic. The clinics operate in a fast-paced environment assisting members of the public experiencing stressful situations. The ideal candidate will possess the interpersonal and organizational skills to thrive and deliver effective support to clinic team members. Daily tasks will include handling client communication, client intake, high-volume of data management, supporting virtual workshops, team schedules and calendars, booking appointments with clients, and document creation.
- Conduct clinic intake
- Respond to online inquiries for clinic services
- Manage scheduling and coordination of meetings and virtual workshops, including logistics, agenda, minutes, and RSVP’s.
- Communicate (via phone, e-mail, mail) with litigants, staff, and service providers.
- Prepare and organize correspondence, communications, reports, and other documents, using various software, including Microsoft Word and Lawyaw.
- Assist with the administrative aspects of opening and closing files.
- Timely entry of case and client information into case management database.
- Maintain well-organized files and records and accurate clinic statistics.
- Monitor and triage incoming communications.
- Perform clerical work including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, filing and mailing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required);
- People-savvy, sharp, and detail-oriented individual with at least 2 years of prior experience as a support staff member working in a fast-paced office (required);
- Emotional Intelligence – A strong communicator, both in written and verbal form. Understands the nuances of workplace politics, people, and legal services (required);
- Detail Oriented – Strong organization skills, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and ability to communicate information with specificity (required);
- Technical Skills – Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and other virtual meeting software, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and willingness and ability to learn new systems (required);.
- Spanish proficiency and ability to provide written and oral Spanish-to-English and English-to-Spanish translations (required);
- Proficiency with the Internet and Web-based applications (required);
- Understanding and commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission of equal justice for all and Bet Tzedek’s core values of leadership, community-based advocacy, and innovation (required); and
- Demonstrated commitment to applying principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in performance of job duties (required)
HOW TO APPLY
- Email letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to 37.C2F@applynow.io. Please, no phone calls.
Note: All positions are subject to funding; ongoing funding or employment cannot be assured.
To best serve our communities, Bet Tzedek seeks diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.